Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Low Frame rates

I have my AMD Phenom X6 1100T clocked at 3.88 GHZ.  I can't figure out why I am only getting 3-5 FPS at FlightBeam KSFO with ORBX NA and PNW scenery.I am also flying the PMDG 737NGX.  I know that PMDG has some FPS drops but I wouldn't think it would be this low.  I also have ASN.  Here are my settings.  I even downgraded from what ORBX said to use for settings.  I also have the AffinityMask=14 and HIGHMEMFIX=1.  I have FSX.cfg set to 2048 instead of 4096.

http://first_scenery.jpg

http://display_fsx.jpg

traffic_fsx.jpg

weather_settings.jpg

I forgot to mention that I am flying at 25000 ft and getting 12 FPS with minimal clouds.  When I flying out of SFO I was in a fog.  I tried from KSEA yesterday with showers and was getting 2.3 FPS.

Josh Scholl

FSX updated to at least SP2?

What video card?

What happens in a default area with a default plane?

SP2 and ATI 6850 1gb sapphire video card

I'm going to finish my stuttering flight then I'll get back to you on the default a/c and location

Josh Scholl

Road vehicles impact FPS A TON. It won't magically give you like 20 FPS increase or something but turning off those vehicles will help. Also setting auto gen to normal/sparse and scenery complexity to normal/dense. Also lowering the water setting to 2.x low helps but it can add some rather annoying scenery flashes and objects from time to time. Also if you're using a FPS limiter disable it and set the FPS to unlimited. 

I lowered my autogen density to normal but left the scenery complexity at dense.  I don't wan't to lose too much realism from ORBX.  I gained about 2 FPS.  I went ahead and did a test run with the default 737 at AGGH Somalian Islands and was getting 8-11 in the cockpit and about 11-25 when scanning around the aircraft.  I simulated strong thunderstorms to try and re-create similar weather with overcast and REX soft clouds.  I then changed to PMDG 737NGX and was getting 7-8 in the cockpit and 9-15 outside the aircraft.

Josh Scholl