Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Anyone else with hard FSCAPTAIN problems?

Hey Pilots!

A week ago I purchased a license for FSCaptain (maybe too spontanously). I installed (as admin) it and figured out how to set up aircrafts and a own airline and so on. I was able to do some flights with my Aerosoft Twin Otter and two of my Alabeo aircrafts. All worked good.

But than I wanted to trie it with the bigger planes, the newest Aerosoft A320 and the PMDG 737-800. But the FSCaptain FCDU dont want to show me my pre-booked flights. I always get only the preflight page where I could set up a flight in sim. But I want it with pre-booking.

When I install it (many re-installs until today...) it never appears in my "addons" menu in FSX, which it should I think.

I was already in contact with the developers via the forum and email. It is good support there, but actually it just dont work.

Now I wanted to ask other pilots with FSCAPTAIN if someone had similar problems and maybe an solution for me?

Thanks, and regards,

Klaus

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I think there are issues with the Airbus especially

Its the one aircraft I want FS Captain to work with and I simply can not get it to work. But my issue is more sound related as apart from that it seems to work.

I am only using the demo at the moment and that won't change anytime soon unless I can get it working.

FS Passengers seems to work however I am nervous of buying something that is so old and not updated or supported

terrible product ver 1.6 very buggy and hardly works with most payware.  Just use a VA, Vatsim or PilotEdge.

terrible product ver 1.6 very buggy and hardly works with most payware.  Just use a VA, Vatsim or PilotEdge.

Rubbish, I use it just fine with PMDG 737NGX, 777, Aerosoft Airbus (though requires a bit of extra setup), PMDG MD-11, anything from Captain Sim, Majestic Dash 8-Q400 and so on. 

I can't say it's perfect but it definitely works well enough. 

Setting up your own virtual airline is a lot of work and Vatsim & PilotEdge are ATC programs. I don't see how they could be used as an alternative to Fscaptain. 

terrible product ver 1.6 very buggy and hardly works with most payware

I am sorry to be rude but that statement is utter garbage!

I am using only payware aircraft including the MJ Q400, A2A 172, Cherokee, NGX, 777 and the Aerosoft Airbus.  The only thing i do for all aircraft is simulate loading and payload, using the Aircraft's own internal process the duplicate the numbers FSCaptain gives me.

In fact the only issue i have ever had was with the MJ Q400, even then it was pretty minor.

FS Passengers seems to work

It's been completely abandoned by the developer, look at the FSP forums, lots of people complaining that things don't work, including issues with Win 7.

Ian R Tyldesley

(...)

When I install it (many re-installs until today...) it never appears in my "addons" menu in FSX, which it should I think.

(...)

This points to an issue with the FS Captain installation as such, not with a specific airplane. You may want to check your dll.xml.

No issues here with v1.6, either. I'm on FSX MS, not FSX SE.

terrible product ver 1.6 very buggy and hardly works with most payware.

This is absolute BS. FSCaptain works great even though with the Aerosoft Airbus it requires some manual setup.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I've used FSCaptain for years on FSX...worked fine for me with my payware aircraft.  If I ever had problems, Dutch and Travis and the other forum members were always willing and able to help out.  And it's still being actively developed.

I'm now using it on FSX-SE...guess what...works fine. 

It's one of the easier products to use once you get used to it...alas, that takes effort and it easier to call something garbage.  :/

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I've used FSCaptain for years on FSX...worked fine for me with my payware aircraft.  If I ever had problems, Dutch and Travis and the other forum members were always willing and able to help out.  And it's still being actively developed.

I'm now using it on FSX-SE...guess what...works fine. 

It's one of the easier products to use once you get used to it...alas, that takes effort and it easier to call something garbage.  :/

If you have this working on the Aerosoft Airbus, I would much appreciate any help as I am stuck

The FO and crew are VERY quiet

Travis and co have tried to help as has someone on here saying its to do with VCockpit1, but i have done what hey say and still no luck

If you have this working on the Aerosoft Airbus, I would much appreciate any help as I am stuck

The FO and crew are VERY quiet

Travis and co have tried to help as has someone on here saying its to do with VCockpit1, but i have done what hey say and still no luck

I don't have the AS Airbus, but you may want to try FSCamp on post #5.  He mentioned he has the AS Airbus.  :)

I wish you luck.  FSCaptain is a great program once you set it up.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I don't have the AS Airbus, but you may want to try FSCamp on post #5.  He mentioned he has the AS Airbus.  :)

I wish you luck.  FSCaptain is a great program once you set it up.

Thank you

Rubbish, I use it just fine with PMDG 737NGX, 777, Aerosoft Airbus (though requires a bit of extra setup), PMDG MD-11, anything from Captain Sim, Majestic Dash 8-Q400 and so on. 

I can't say it's perfect but it definitely works well enough. 

Setting up your own virtual airline is a lot of work and Vatsim & PilotEdge are ATC programs. I don't see how they could be used as an alternative to Fscaptain. 

Hiya

Can you explain how you have got the Airbus working please?

I have it all set up but the voices are sooooo quiet and unaudible

I have tried moving the Guages to VCockpit2 as mentioned by others, but having no luck

Am on Win 7

Thanks

Paul

Well, this is how I have it set up, haven't encountered issues with sounds: 

panel.cfg

[Window Titles]:

Window03=FCOM

[Window03]
size_mm=186,223
position=8
visible=0
ident=24477
gauge00=FCOM!ACARS,1,1,186,223

Then under [Vcockpit01]: 

gauge63=FCOM!FDR,1,1,1,1

This points to an issue with the FS Captain installation as such, not with a specific airplane. You may want to check your dll.xml.

I think so too, but I have absolute no idea how to check my dll.xml :-) any hints?

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020