Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Anyone else with hard FSCAPTAIN problems?

I think so too, but I have absolute no idea how to check my dll.xml :-) any hints?

PMDG published an article on it:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a92/dll_xml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Most developers will take a look at your dll.xml if that kind of support is necessary; PMDG and Aerosoft for sure. I would think that people on the FS Captain forum would do the same.

We'll be glad to do anything we can to help.  Of course we want our product to work with all add-ons, and in almost every case we've been able to solve whatever is blocking success.  Sometimes it takes longer than other times -- but we won't give up as long as you don't.

Flight Sim is a complex and perplexing environment with many add-ons interfacing and interacting with each other.  We have many cases of an add-on working perfectly for most users but others have issues with the very same add-on that are hard to understand or fix.

At the moment I don't know of any popular add-on that we haven't seen work fine with FSCaptain in general.  That's not to say any particular copy will, because there are so many variations and combinations of add-on products.

We're never happy when someone is having problems, until we can solve them.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

We'll be glad to do anything we can to help. Of course we want our product to work with all add-ons, and in almost every case we've been able to solve whatever is blocking success. Sometimes it takes longer than other times -- but we won't give up as long as you don't.

Flight Sim is a complex and perplexing environment with many add-ons interfacing and interacting with each other. We have many cases of an add-on working perfectly for most users but others have issues with the very same add-on that are hard to understand or fix.

At the moment I don't know of any popular add-on that we haven't seen work fine with FSCaptain in general. That's not to say any particular copy will, because there are so many variations and combinations of add-on products.

We're never happy when someone is having problems, until we can solve them.

Dutch

My problem is not so the combination with any addon. It is more the self-installation of fscaptain. A dll.xml thing or so (I have not much knowledge about such things). Pre booked flights via the Administrator dont show up in the sim, and I dont have a "FSCAPTAIN" entry ins addons menu in fsx.

But I can do a flight with fscaptain when I plan my flight inside the sim... without pre booking.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

It certainly sounds like the entry to install FSCaptain.dll isn't being made in the dll.xml file for some reason. 

I see you've sent the files to us for evaluation and we should be able to get you going hopefully soon.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

It certainly sounds like the entry to install FSCaptain.dll isn't being made in the dll.xml file for some reason. 

I see you've sent the files to us for evaluation and we should be able to get you going hopefully soon.

Dutch

Thats right! By the way, you guys give a great support!

Until then, I am able to use it without the Administrator and it makes a lot fun, very immersive!

Thanks!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I would definitely recommend visiting the forums at fscaptain... Even if there aren't official plugins for that specific aircraft, there might be test interfaces they're working on in the beta phase that might make an addon partially compatible. Even if it doesn't completely work, you can configure specific aircraft to use and not use certain features of the program.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Jope, I install all programms via "as admin".

In the meantime I have sent my dll.cfg to travis. He checked it and added fscaptain to it. It wasnt there...

Now fscaptain appears in "addons" ...but still not able to load a pre-booked flight.

I think there is also a problem with the aircraft cfg's...

All in all, I dont know why this is so mysterious on my system ^^

It is fun at this time without pre-planning, but maybe we could find a solution, sometime :-)

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020