Sign in to follow this  
Aerodynamic

How long have you been an Avsim member?

I've been a member here for probably some 3 or 4 years now... I'm not sure if Avsim keeps records of memberships that were created before the new forum system came online, but I think its been at something like 4 years since I've been here. Some guys are still around since I've been here... not counting Tom A. Most are not though... I've seen a lot on these here forums... And even though I dont always talk much and get involved, Sometimes I feel like the forum is my home within my home. Avsim has been my homepage for at least 2 years straight now... anyways... so how long have some of you been members here?

Guest hitchhiker90

I've been a member for about a month or two. Not exactly sure of the date. I don't post very often.

I became a member around June 2001.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Somewhere early 2000 for me.Got FS2000 in january or early february of that year, came here a few days or weeks later so no later than march 2000.

Guest glnflwrs

I was flying FS98 when I joined AVSIM. FS2000 was still about a year away. I made my only contribution to the file library in 1999 I think it was. AVSIM was almost brand new then.Glenn Flowers

Glenn, "brand new" in 1999? Actually, we launched the web site in March 1997. Oh, and I have been here since January of 1997, if that counts for anything (actually, I have been *** here *** since September of 1950, but I don't think we'll go there). :)

Whenever FS98 was... don't think I was a member of the forums until FS2000 or FUIII times in which I was banned twice (cough) with all my immature foolishness. :+ (Past names: Darax, pilotteen, Continental737 :-lol )Jason :-wave

Guest ba747heavy

I don't know the date, but I do know it has been since the FS2000 days I have hung around this place :)

>When did we unban you??? :-hmmmHmmm, I'm not sure how or when, but I know it happened during the previous forum system. ;)Happy Flying,Jason :-wave

Guest glnflwrs

"Almost brand new..."Yeah Tom, you could still smell the new paint in '99. Hehehe. This site was so much more appealing, friendly, usable, informative, ..... than the flts??co?? or whatever that was I visited before I discovered AVSIM. This site was obviously designed by pilots and as such drew in more of the same. And some not so same, but that's OK too.In these five + years you have only twice had to throttle me back by locking or eliminating a thread. Once just 24 hours ago (Thanks Ken :>)) and once in 2001. I don't spout angrily very often but when I do it is more politely done and deserved than most.Glenn Flowers

Guest Ken_Salter

Some days it feels like I've been a moderator since the late 1800s.