Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Runway crossing control gone in v6.5

I have been doing a lot of flights on v6.5 and find it pretty good on the whole, but have noticed that one piece of realism i have enjoyed on previous versions seems to be missing. i no longer get held at runway crossings and asked to advise when clear.

Hope that changes.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If there's an issue, it's important that we contact Tegwyn,(the developer of VOX) to let him know. He doesn't follow the Avsim forums. I've only flown one flight with 6.50 and I had my own issue. I want to do one or two more to determine if it was a one time thing or a bug.

NAX669.png

I'm going to do a few more partial flights, i.e. from initialization to take-off clearance to make sure, but funny thing is, I am constantly hearing taxi instructions to AI that includes runway hold and crossing instructions, yet so far I am just getting instructions to taxi and hold at my assigned T.O. runnway and not a mention of any runways I may cross on the way.

Rick Hobbs

Follow Up:

Cured the problem by accident. I was having a problem with VoxPop voices not always initializing properly and hesitating, so I uninstalled the voices and server and then had problems reinstalling for some reason.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling VOXATC as well and now everything seems to run very well. I have just completed my seventh perfect flight from gate to gate and for some reason runway crossing instructions are being issued (including one taxiway hold for another a/c).

don't know why it didn't work before.

Rick Hobbs