Sign in to follow this  
downscc

P3D B737 SWA Nevada One

I wanted to share this.... using the ASN (open beta) and latest Orbx installers for P3Dv2.5:

B737WN3LateSun_zps0678870a.png

Dan Downs KCRP

Beautiful repaint, Dan. Where on earth did you get it? I take it that is the PMDG737NGX? In P3D?

Rick that livery is stock from PMDG, yes beta testing that platform now.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oooo-la-la, Dan. We will really be torn between this and the current beau.

Beautiful repaint, Dan. Where on earth did you get it? I take it that is the PMDG737NGX? In P3D?

There is a FSX version out there. I have it, and several other of the SWA "State" liveries,

but actually rarely fly them for some reason..  Also have the 700 version of the whale..

But... I tend to prefer the regular ole liveries.. The old canyon blue, and the new hot dog

on a stick paint, which I've been running a good bit. I have N908WN rigged up for my 700,

which I've already seen the real world version a couple of times on utoob..

I lost count of the number of 'ole liveries' I spotted coming into land above me last summer, in Vegas. Still, a very eye-catching colour, the red and blue.

They were still running the tan and red planes when I first started playing Southwest buoy..

When the canyon blue planes first came out, I wasn't all that keen on them.. But they grew on me, and I eventually liked them better than the old tan livery..

When I first saw the new "hot dog on a stick" planes, about the same thing. At first, I wasn't that

keen on them, particular the huge size of the Southwest fonts on the side.

But I think they look better in real life than they did at first on the drawings and such, and they

are kind of growing on me now.. Or maybe I'm just getting used to them.. I suspect they

will keep a small number of canyon blue planes as "retro" livery, same as they did with

the tan ones..

So I imagine those won't totally vanish. They seem to be churning the new livery paints out fairly fast all considering. IE: I've even seen a 300 that was repainted. Wonder how

the 500's will fare, and how much longer they will run those.. I imagine they will be

repainted too, if they intend to keep running them any amount of time. I'm not sure if

they have retired any of the 500's they have bought over the years. I know they still fly

the heck out of them.. Real common to see at HOU, where a good number of flights a

day are the 500's.

I know the -500s will be gone by 2016 and they will not be repainted, not worth the cash. I wish they would stay but all things must come to an end. At first I didn't like the new livery but we have to remember it was time to rebrand.

This not the same ole domestic Southwest Airlines anymore. Southwest is now an international airline with over 650+ aircraft. It was time to change it up. I'm very pleased with the new livery now. It's very much colorful like canyon blue but has a much more modern feel. Canyon blue was great, I'll miss the southest.com winglets but canyon blue just isn't who Southwest is anymore.

Daniel Wasinski, SWA5594, Senior Captain, Southwest Virtual Airlines

"Without a heart, it's just a machine."

Dan, quick question, did you install latest hotfix for P3dV2.5?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Dan, quick question, did you install latest hotfix for P3dV2.5?

Full names in the PMDG forums please.  Thank you.

NO!  I read the insignificant fixes verses the horrible consequences.  I then complained like I needed a Snickers bar in the LM P3D forum but I don't think the Company reads their own forum.  I'll wait for the ASN beta and FSDT Add-on Manager updates... no way am I flying without weather and scenery.

Dan Downs KCRP

I know the -500s will be gone by 2016 and they will not be repainted, not worth the cash. I wish they would stay but all things must come to an end. At first I didn't like the new livery but we have to remember it was time to rebrand.

This not the same ole domestic Southwest Airlines anymore. Southwest is now an international airline with over 650+ aircraft. It was time to change it up. I'm very pleased with the new livery now. It's very much colorful like canyon blue but has a much more modern feel. Canyon blue was great, I'll miss the southest.com winglets but canyon blue just isn't who Southwest is anymore.

They sure grew from the beginnings.. A guy that lives around the corner from me was

one of their original employees from the old days. He put the people on the planes over

at Hobby. Or at least I think that was his main job.

They once had a picture in Texas Monthly where they had all the original employees

standing on the wings of a plane, or something like that. He was one of them.

Due to the stocks or whatever he obtained as an old employee, when he recently

retired, he retired with a whole lotta $$$$$$$ in the bank.   B)

They sure grew from the beginnings.. A guy that lives around the corner from me was

one of their original employees from the old days. He put the people on the planes over

at Hobby. Or at least I think that was his main job.

They once had a picture in Texas Monthly where they had all the original employees

standing on the wings of a plane, or something like that. He was one of them.

Due to the stocks or whatever he obtained as an old employee, when he recently

retired, he retired with a whole lotta $$$$$$$ in the bank.   B)

It was really cool to see what they did was after their 4th quarter record profits, they increased their employees' salary and bunch of other stuff. I'm not sure of the specifics but it was nice to see a company value their employees and treat them the way they should be treated. Just one of the many reasons I hope to fly for them some day!

Daniel Wasinski, SWA5594, Senior Captain, Southwest Virtual Airlines

"Without a heart, it's just a machine."