Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Latest hotfix deleted my FSDT sceneries and addon manager

It happened to quite a few folks, see both the LM forum and FSDT forum. We have to wait for FSDT to update the addon manager.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

It happened to quite a few folks, see both the LM forum and FSDT forum. We have to wait for FSDT to update the addon manager.

Lee

that is correct because it checks the prepare version, and the bglman dll which it isn't compatible with the hotfix.

a simple update from FSDT will solve this one ;-)

So when P3D is patched correct the bglman dll checks and won't run resulting in a loss of functionality...

André

that is correct because it checks the prepare version, and the bglman dll which it isn't compatible with the hotfix.

a simple update from FSDT will solve this one ;-)

So when P3D is patched correct the bglman dll checks and won't run resulting in a loss of functionality...

I'm slightly confused with all this. How come, after applying the Hotfix last night, my Add-on Manager,Couatl, and all my FSDT sceneries are working okay. Have I missed something that should be there but is not?

I'm slightly confused with all this. How come, after applying the Hotfix last night, my Add-on Manager,Couatl, and all my FSDT sceneries are working okay. Have I missed something that should be there but is not?

Did you apply the patch correct so after unzipping the files in a temp directory go in to that temp directory

and copy the files an sub folders and past them into the root of prepar3d?

Overwrite files when asked?

André

Does anyone know which .dll does the hotfix overwrite that screws FSDT?, may be we can extract it form our P3D CAB files, and make it alive again.

Thanks

Sergio Naiberg

Does anyone think that Lockheed Martin tests this stuff they put out there?  I cannot imagine that they do anything more than Joe asks Bill in the next cubical to try it out and if it works they push it out the door.  No follow on support... not beans said by LM in their own forum regarding user complaints.

Dan Downs KCRP

Does anyone think that Lockheed Martin tests this stuff they put out there? I cannot imagine that they do anything more than Joe asks Bill in the next cubical to try it out and if it works they push it out the door. No follow on support... not beans said by LM in their own forum regarding user complaints.

I'm pretty sure they do test the stuff. The problem is that they only check if the plain vanilla P3D works fine. They don't care about the add-on stuff because most of their professional customers don't use them. That's just a fact we have to live with, I guess, if we use a professional sim at home (I didn't say "for entertainment" ;-) ).

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

so went back to the zip folder, and then extracted that directly into the C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D folder..............................and that was it. I had nothing more to do.

Yes you do.

Don't forget that the \ShadersHLSL is updated, se we must delete the shaders folder before running the sim, so that P3D recreates it with the new shaders:

"C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders"

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

same here.. fsdream addon manager dont show in the modules ....seems that FSUIPC is not compatible anymore with the last fix......

running out of ideas here

Pedro

Re-install the latest FSUIPC, that worked for me. FSDT strangely silent about this one, though several have posted on their forum about it.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Just a friendly reminder, it's the weekend - people want to spend time with their families. I hardly doubt that FSDT or Hifi will jump right on this because your add ons are not working, Come on guys, cut them some slack, I'm sure the fixes will be released shortly this week.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

SteveW, there's no Shaders folder (on my system) in the path you mention.

​Looked in other prepared v2 folders and still can't find it. Obviously ShadersHLSL folder is there.

Any help would be appreciated

Sergio Naiberg

FYI,

after messing about 2 hours, i was able to isolate this to a prepar3d.exe file, so if you do cut and paste or unrar/unzip hotfix into the folder it pretty much breaks all addons, like FSD/ASN.  I was able to partially get things to work by copying old copy of 2.5 prepar3d.exe as i kept copy of same exe over the new hot fixed exe file and it got all my odd ons working EXCEPT ASN.  so if u hotfix your install be aware that it does break addons like ASN/FSD.

to confirm that i copied old exe over the new one and got my addons back on running without doing any reinstalls or tweaking config files, and as soon as hotfix exe is installed all the addons break.  

however ASN is broken completely regardless.

so install HOTFIX at OWN RISK.

good luck.