Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Latest hotfix deleted my FSDT sceneries and addon manager

The 2.5 hotfix uploaded today erased all the FSDT sceneries, GSX and addon manager. None appear. I have tried re-installing them all but they don't show up. They were fine in 2.5 before todays hotfix. Any ideas?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

No ideas except that I anticipate re-installing P3DV25 if a repair is not enough.

Either will require reinstalling all my addons but at least everything was working fine with the basic V25

might have to wait until tomorrow as I want opinions from someone that did something like this

It was not only a hotfix but a new version serial (v2.5xxxx2 to v2.5xxxx3)

The 2.5 hotfix uploaded today erased all the FSDT sceneries, GSX and addon manager. None appear. I have tried re-installing them all but they don't show up. They were fine in 2.5 before todays hotfix. Any ideas?

Lee

Lee

Just checked mine, after the Hotfix, all there. FSDT, Addon Manager+GSX.

for me its ASN that is a no show

and the addon manager is not showing up in th scroll-down for addons

Nothing amiss in my Hotfix Update. All as before, incl ASN.

Just a thought, did you extract the zip directly to wherever your Prepar3D folder is, or did you copy/paste?

i extracted it to its own folder then copy and pasted the contents into P3D

Lee

Just checked mine, after the Hotfix, all there. FSDT, Addon Manager+GSX.

Not for me, nothing. Did you do anything special?

Reinstalled all my FSDT airports and no add-on manager in drop-down menu.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Check your dll.xml to make sure Addon Mangager is in the list of addon dll's to launch.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manger</Name>

<Disabled>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Something like this should be in you dll.xml to show in your addons menu.  This is just going off the top of my head so don't do a direct copy paste as I may have the syntax incorrect.

Sean Green

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>dll.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon><Name>Addon Manager</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>bglmanx.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>FSUIPC 4</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>PMDG Interface</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path><DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName><DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>RAASPRO</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path><DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName><DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Migration Tool Plugin</Name><Path>MigTool.dll</Path><DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName><DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

i extracted it to its own folder then copy and pasted the contents into P3D

The hotfix should simply be extracted to the P3D program files folder by right-click on the zip in Explorer, and choose "Extract All..." and Browse to the P3D program files folder:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2"

It will overwrite the necessary files into the root, gauges, and ShadersHLSL folder.

Since the shaders have been updated, so before starting P3D, delete the shaders folder and a new one will be created when the sim starts up:

"C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders"

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Not for me, nothing. Did you do anything special?

After reading about some issues here, and somebody recommending a 'copy/paste' method, I came up with an error, so went back to the zip folder, and then extracted that directly into the C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D folder..............................and that was it. I had nothing more to do. Fired P3D up expecting horrors, but it was all plain sailing. Everything was where it should be.

all that does if you dont first unrap to its own folder first, is place the  hotfix folder into the main P3D changing ZIPPO

do you see a folder named: Prepar3D_v2_Academic_Professional_2.5.12943.0_Hotfix

in your main P3D?

If so it was never "hotfixed"

which, under the circumstances, is preferable .... :rolleyes:

I am also having this same issue, the dll.xml shows Addon manager is active, and this happened after the update for me as well.  Not sure what is going on.