Sign in to follow this  
gsagostinho

Flight Gear 3.4 has just been released!

Question

And it is really amazing, I can't get tired of the detailed weather engine and the atmospheric light scattering:

av9DBjV.png

Link to download: http://www.flightgear.org/

And to see some amazing screenshots and detailed explanation of what the atmospheric light scattering system is capable of, have a look on this post: http://www.flightgear.org/tours/the-magic-of-light-and-haze/

Best,

Gilberto

I tried, but didn't get any reply... Will try again ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Cool! Maybe you could also try creating a new thread in the forum or sending an e-mail to the development mailing list would help as well (but I warn you that the devs are super busy lately, there is some huge migration of data server going on).

..would this simulator work with Hardware like  GoFlight Saiteks VRInsight & others, is the Hardware compatibility list ate all ??

Cheers

Yair

@N1125Y Hi Yair, according to this page of the FlightGear wiki, the Saitek yoke, throttle and pedals work just fine (same for the CH products). As for the other hardware you mentioned, I am not familiar with them at all. Maybe the best place to ask about it would be on FlightGear forum.

Cheers!

Gilberto

Just wondering about hardware compatibility GoFlight Saiteks VRInsight, etc ??? 

Cheers Yair

The sad truth is that very few hardware companies bother supporting FlightGear, and while most yokes/throttles/pedals should work fine, it might be a bit more tricky to get some more complex hardware (like radios) to work. So unfortunately I don't have a universal answer for this, particularly since I don't know the hardware you are mentioning, so maybe it's worth to check it with these companies themselves or ask in the FG forum if anyone is familiar with them. That all said, if you already own them, then you can simply download FG and try it, since it's a free sim!

.. I think you are right the best thing is to download and try

tnx for the prompt response

Yair

For joysticks etc. you might need to customize the standard files. Forgot which but it's easy, ask in the FG forum or google.