Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Problems with the P3D website (Feb 21)

G'day Gentlemen,

I decided to purchase P3D 2.5 last evening, but I may have picked a bad time, and things did not go well!

Firstly, I had incredibly slow DL speed, with P3D quoting 18 hours to DL, on a high speed fibre optic connection.  (The last time I purchased a license, it took around 1 hour).

I decided to go to bed and leave the DL to progress;  I woke in the morning to see the download apparantly completed - but alas the Zip was corrupted as the connection had dropped off....

My main concern is that today, it is apparantly impossible to log in to the www.prepar3d.com website, to attempt a download again.

Although their site is up, when I try to log in, I get :-

224310.jpg

This has been going on for 4 hours.

I accept things go wrong occasionally so this isn't a moan, I'm more interested in knowing if others cannot log in to the P3D site either, so I can rule out that the problem is just mine ?

thanks in advance.

Hi,

I get the same problem.

Before I uninstalled all of 2.4 to update to 2.5. As i wanted to start the dl for 2.5 I got the same error msg at LogIn :-((

Greets

Christoph

same  here as well... a no go for login

but works on regular page load like the news' page etc..

strange

I suspect the download failed because LM was incorporating the hotfix into the installer.

Mind you I've been wrong before, though not often.   B)

I suspect the download failed because LM was incorporating the hotfix into the installer.

Mind you I've been wrong before, though not often.   B)

makes retrospective sense  ...  both statements? ((( :Shocked: )))

but alas the Zip was corrupted

Assuming you didn't discard the corrupted download, suggest you unzip it with Winzip.

Had the exact issue, trying to unzip with Winrar and Windows 7 own unzipping capability and got the dreaded message "corrupted zip". Managed to unzip it though, but only using an old Winzip version.

Assuming you didn't discard the corrupted download, suggest you unzip it with Winzip

Hi - I was indeed already using WinZip, so no joy.

So the site is now allowing login, but I am - again - getting silly slow download times to download the "full P3D" Zip.     

- currently quoted 18 hours to download  :rolleyes: 

I'm trying instead to download each part of the install - each .CAB file etc, but even then I'm getting 1+ hour per .cab file .........  :wacko: 

Certainly didn't expect this, buying from a direct vendor as big as LM! ... buy hey ho.

Hi,

I have attempted 3 times to  d/l the full installer for p3d2.5 & after about 4 hours each( supposedly completed) I have gotten  "does not appear to be a valid archive" each time. So now I am d/l the individual files & see how that goes. I am using Winzip with my anti virus disabled. I also posted this at the P3d forum,I have not had this problem before dating back to the origina lP3d v2.0

Ron

- currently quoted 18 hours to download  :rolleyes: 

Do you remember back in the late 90s when dial-up speeds for download were

7 KB/sec?

Would take an hour top download 20 MB files (of barely any content)

Do you remember back in the late 90s when dial-up speeds for download were

7 KB/sec?

Would take an hour top download 20 MB files (of barely any content)

Hence I remember we where waiting for ages for a 100kb file lol and the dialup was a special task itself...

André

So I got there in the end!  ... as RonF said, by downloading each of the seperate files and being rather patient :wink: ........

I've spent the last 3 hours trying out P3D2.5 and sadly have already started the uninstall routine.     I just don't get it where P3D2 is concerned......  I followed all the gathered advice and tutorials on set up, nVidia config, settings, etc.  I installed only FSUIPC, OpusFSX, FTX Norway, and the A2A C182.

I turned off all shadows, I set autogen and complexity to 'Normal'.  I deactivated water effects, I had no AI, I had low-medium weather, I had texture resolution at 1024, and still, while flying over FTX Norway in the A2A C182, I had 18 FPS average, where in FSX with unlocked, I'd be averaging (averaging, not peaking) at around 35 FPS.

This is with a i7 2600k with GTX670 2GB, so of course not a powerhouse of a system but ok.   It delivers solidly with FSX, and as I said, I regularly fly FTX Norway in the A2A C182, and get just short of 40 FPS average.

Oh for those, that may say "ahh, but you don't need high frames in P3D...", well let me tell you, with TrackIR, you certainly need more than 18 FPS !!!! ...... It was laggy, stuttery and my AA did not look as good as it does in FSX.  (I tried both Matt's and SteveW's recommendations).

Perhaps you need a real top end system to enjoy P3D2, but on a decently average system I can only conclude that - for me - it's just a lesser experience in every regard than with FSX.

Perhaps you need a real top end system to enjoy P3D2, but on a decently average system I can only conclude that - for me - it's just a lesser experience in every regard than with FSX.

I suggest you disable the following if you want more or less equal performance as FSX:

HDR off

Tessellation off

Cloud/Veg/building shadows off

Volumetric clouds off

Detail radius - Medium

Autogen Density - Normal/Dense

Water Detail - Medium/High

Now you can somewhat compare FSX to P3D, and you will most likely find P3D smoother.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I cannot get into P3D now to use the forum .. error .. database connection .. same as reported above

What does that mean?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I just got into their website & am now downloading data file 5, had trouble before with the cursed database connection error around 1:00 pm , now 4:00 pm Mtn time zone U.S. Hope I can get the rest of the files d/l this afternoon. :rolleyes:

Ron

I finally got logged onto the forum ... then it would not let me log out!

Followed by that Database error again ...

Wonder what is up .. maybe that was part of why they were down for a few days this week.

Some strange things going on with that site.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW