Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

A Guide to, Getting the most out of the PMDG 777

Hey Kyle  :smile:

Every Ryanair I see is always put on ground power even if one of there 30 min turn rounds, I would sooner use short stay but you have APU on if I do that, also on the long stay and I agree its seems wrong for a NG but PMDG have the APU bleed air ON even though its on long stay and ground power. But hey  :wink:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hey Kyle  :smile:

Every Ryanair I see is always put on ground power even if one of there 30 min turn rounds, I would sooner use short stay but you have APU on if I do that, also on the long stay and I agree its seems wrong for a NG but PMDG have the APU bleed air ON even though its on long stay and ground power. But hey  :wink:

Just making a joke about using 'stay' versus 'turn.'

I worked for an LCC back when I was at university, and we would always throw the GPU on, even with our relatively short turns. Chocks in upon reaching the spot, GPU on within 2 minutes of arrival, APU off within 3. On the outbound, the call was for a max of 15 min and a min of 10, weather permitting (we didn't have pre-conditioned air hoses on those gates, so extreme temps necessitated APU use up to 30 min, which occasionally meant they just got left on during the turn)...you know...days like this:

21947_826154956743_3024945_n.jpg

(Granted, this wasn't from when I worked at the LCC, but same airport, same planes, same gates.)

Kyle Rodgers

Just making a joke about using 'stay' versus 'turn.'

I know Kyle that's why i started with a smile made me lol.

That sounds like they do the same here with the Ng's there on grown power so fast its unbelievable. We don't get snow like that in the UK anymore :) 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Quick question regarding your screen setup - am I correct that those are two different screens that you pasted on top of one another? How did you set up the pop up displays on the second screen?

No they are two screens the top one(28") is eye level high to the middle of the screen and the bottom screen is a 24" with no stand siting at an slight lean angle. in fsx you just pop the screens out and drag them in P3D you have to undock them and then drag them.

So two screens one above the other.

image1.jpg

Does removing the external/exterior model work for the NGX aswell?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Does removing the external/exterior model work for the NGX aswell?

Yes. and if your using TrackIR you still see the wings as the wings/engines are part of the VC view.

Cool, thanks, gonna try it. I seriously need to cut VAS usage in P3D 2.5. Constantly loading up with 3500 MB at gate with FS2Crew and GSX activated, and thats with LOD 4.5, autogen and trees set to normal and all textures set to 1024  :wacko:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Yes. and if your using TrackIR you still see the wings as the wings/engines are part of the VC view.

Did not decrease VAS usage for my part. Cant see the external model though.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Did not decrease VAS usage for my part. Cant see the external model though.

I'm quoting myself here.

Did I do anything wrong? I followed the exact same recipe for the PMDG 777. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

No sure what your asking?

No sure what your asking?

Removing the external model for the NGX, same way as you have written for the 777. The external model disappears yes, but the VAS stays the same. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Well done Dave, its a brilliant guide and made me look again at REX4 and realise how much I didn't know about the program.

Thanks for taking the time to produce it.

Tony