Sign in to follow this  
sv8bur

noise abatement

Hi,

During my reading of "PMDG 737NGX" Tutoial 2 I read about "noise abatement" and the information tha I have to enter in CDU. My question is : is there any site that I can get such information, beacause on the charts there is not, for example for EHAM I found this info at "http://www.boeing.com/commercial/noise/schiphol.html", but what about other airports let say LGRP (Rodos/Diagoras) or LGAV (Athens/Eleftherios Venizelos).

Thank you veri much 

Pericles

Please sign your posts with your full name.

For noise abatement procedures for Amsterdam, you might want to read through the EHAM Aerodrome section in the Netherlands Aeronautical Information Package (AIP) located here:

http://www.ais-netherlands.nl/aim/2014-12-25-AIRAC/eAIP/html/index-en-GB.html

It also includes every chart and all the information a pilot requires.

If you look at the jeppesen 10-1 pages, they will also outline any specific noise abatement procedures for that specific airport. I've often seen "crews use NADP 1 or NADP 2" also placed in these sections, which are different climb strategies for mitigating noise.

http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/522783-difference-between-nadp-1-2-a320.html

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I think that the noise abatement procedure are already included in the AIRAC cycle database, because every time you insert a route in FMC and you see under FL10 the speed under 250 Knt that is for noise abatement. Usually is 220 or 230 Knt.

I think that the noise abatement procedure are already included in the AIRAC cycle database, because every time you insert a route in FMC and you see under FL10 the speed under 250 Knt that is for noise abatement. Usually is 220 or 230 Knt.
]

Hey Artur, I think 250 until FL100 is more of a safety restriction. Noise abatement is something like V2 + 20 until 1500 AGL, or 190 knots until 6000 ft, it depends on the airport. Those info can be input on takeoff page 2, not on climb page, and it is not included in airac database for PMDG.

Pedro Espindola

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own2_378x68.jpg