RejectThreshold=126976
UsePools=1

or 

[bUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0

According my setup?

Also should I use:

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.12?

I hear FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION causes stutters so I decided to remove it.

Also tried adaptative Vsync but it gave me some stutters and low fps so I decided to revert back to Standard and set up 1/2 Refresh rate.

Thank you.

I think it really depends on each indvidual system, try each one out and see how your sim performs, I do believe with the Usepools=0 you will need to have your water setting set to 2xHigh or your will get artifacts. I have used the Poolsize/ reject threshold set up for quite a while now.

Re your vsync setting I would set it to 1/2 refresh and lock to 30 in the sim which gives pretty smooth results.

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

I think it really depends on each indvidual system, try each one out and see how your sim performs, I do believe with the Usepools=0 you will need to have your water setting set to 2xHigh or your will get artifacts. I have used the Poolsize/ reject threshold set up for quite a while now.

Re your vsync setting I would set it to 1/2 refresh and lock to 30 in the sim which gives pretty smooth results.

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

Lock where on FSX or NVidia Inspector?

Internally (within FSX) with 1/2 refresh rate in EI gives me the smoothest results, especially when in situations where you get FPS hits from high end scenery etc. Works for me.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Internally (within FSX) with 1/2 refresh rate in EI gives me the smoothest results, especially when in situations where you get FPS hits from high end scenery etc. Works for me.

Now I have FSX fps unlimited, locked at 30 will be more smooth so?

I'm no expert, but apparently, to get the benefit of the 1/2 setting in IE you have to set to 30fps in FSX.

From my experience it does nothing to affect FPS, but has definitely smoothed out the stutters somewhat.

Rick Hobbs

Will try.

Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, that did the trick, lock 30 FPS on FSX.

Now, my doubts are present about UsePools=0 or 1? And about FIBER.

Ok, UsePools=0, got artifacts, will switch to previous config.

I assume from your specs in your original post, that you are not overclocking. I have the same cpu and a modest overclock that gives me that extra performance boost.

Rick Hobbs

I've found usepools=0 best on my rig having tried using 1 and various reject thresholds.

Depends on your rig though.  How much video DRAM do you have?

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

No, CPU isn't overclocked.

2GB VRAM.

I found artifacts with UsePools=0.

Guys, what you recommend to maximum prerender frames on NI? Set 3D App setting or 1?

No, CPU isn't overclocked.

2GB VRAM.

I found artifacts with UsePools=0.

Guys, what you recommend to maximum prerender frames on NI? Set 3D App setting or 1?

I had artifacts with UsePools=0 too on my gtx770, then I read somewhere that setting maximum prerender frames to "1" in NI would cure it. I switched from my original "3" to "1" and amazingly they were gone.

Not sure this fix will work on every system, but you might give it a try

Hi,

Anyone can clarify me if in NVidia Inspector worth change from OFF (linear) to 16x, or it won't do anything as upper is Application-controlled?

9f2bf11ce486b032a1f92436178ea12e.png

Does the 16x do anything if it is user-defined/off with aniso selected in sim? Does AA then need selected in fsx too?

Also what is the benefit of using buffer pools if it causes artifacts?