Sign in to follow this  
cgentil

UsePools=0 or UsePools=1?

Why not just follow the guide and be done with it?

B)

Read and followed the guide many times but it doesn't just work for every system. I believe you participated in another large post I've started regarding NI settings a while back. This guide doesn't even talk about Anisotropic settings, photo scenery settings, etc. I am not happy with my results following those settings.

I've been very unhappy with my AA following that guide. Always had jaggies on my i7 4790k and gtx770 2gb

This guide doesn't even explain what settings do and affect either they just say....do this, and to me that's not helpful.

Ok, UsePools=0, got artifacts, will switch to previous config.

I found artifacts with UsePools=0.

Like Daz told you in the first reply to your original post, when using BufferPools=0 you must set your Water quality to 'High' (not Max) within FSX.     If you don't, you will get artifacts.

I use this set up (BufferPools=0 and Water at High) and get great performance in FSX.   Much much higher than without BP=0, even when the water is set to low.

Give it a try.

Like Daz told you in the first reply to your original post, when using BufferPools=0 you must set your Water quality to 'High' (not Max) within FSX.     If you don't, you will get artifacts.

I use this set up (BufferPools=0 and Water at High) and get great performance in FSX.   Much much higher than without BP=0, even when the water is set to low.

Give it a try.

If I set water to High, it will hit performance and decrease FPS, right?

Or with BP=0 and water high will have more FPS?

Read and followed the guide many times but it doesn't just work for every system. I believe you participated in another large post I've started regarding NI settings a while back. This guide doesn't even talk about Anisotropic settings, photo scenery settings, etc. I am not happy with my results following those settings.

I've been very unhappy with my AA following that guide. Always had jaggies on my i7 4790k and gtx770 2gb

This guide doesn't even explain what settings do and affect either they just say....do this, and to me that's not helpful.

These settings work very well for me on a 3770k and gtx770... with that, I'll leave this post, and hope you figure it out..

Bert

If I set water to High, it will hit performance and decrease FPS, right?

Or with BP=0 and water high will have more FPS?

Well, the High water setting will cause a very small FPS hit.... BUT..... the BP=0 will give a really large performance increase (or it does for me), so it more than compensates for having the water set to 'high'.

For photo scenery you want to raise the lod radius setting in the fsx config file. from default 4.5 to higher. start at 5.5 and some people go all the way up to 9. Since there is less autogen with photo scenery the performance is better. And the higher radius means fsx will load a radius around your airplane much farther out than default of 4.5 so less blurries in the distance. If you have blurries close up you want to add the Fiber Frame Fraction line and start at 0.15 and go lower until you see blurries

You still want to follow that guide to set Nvidia Inspector correctly.