Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

EGKK-KMCO help please in route

Hi,

I am inbound the route EGKK-KMCO on vatsim as BAW2037 (P3D2.5))and was given a totally new route which  i put into route 2 and executed. For now i cannot activate LNAV or VNAV  and have no speed/altitude in the FMC.

Any ideer to help? What am i doing wrong here ? , Thanks (live) B)

Prepar3_D_2015_02_21_16_49_47_24.jpg

Prepar3_D_2015_02_21_16_48_56_09.jpg

Prepar3_D_2015_02_21_16_49_47_24.jpg

Prepar3_D_2015_02_21_16_47_00_13.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Try selecting 1L and reselecting 1L to reload the current waypoint on the legs page.

Try selecting 1L and reselecting 1L to reload the current waypoint on the legs page.

Thanks but only a "route disc" nothing else

Prepar3_D_2015_02_21_17_28_06_49.jpg

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Before you execute RTE, go into track select for the lateral navigation mode, then activate route 2 and bring the next way point to the top and execute that direct to, then don't forget to re engage LNAV! You should see a more accurate depiction of the first waypoint track on the ND.

Alex Dority

Thanks but only a "route disc" nothing else

Prepar3_D_2015_02_21_17_28_06_49.jpg

Michael

Clear the discontinuity, execute and try LNAV?

and now the "route disc" is not to go away at all even with waypoint select at L2

Thanks

Michael

Before you execute RTE, go into track select for the lateral navigation mode, then activate route 2 and bring the next way point to the top and execute that direct to, then don't forget to re engage LNAV! You should see a more accurate depiction of the first waypoint track on the ND.

Alex Dority

? what the ? :-)

i dont understand

Michael 

i think i got it working via ROUTE 1 but it most be wrong right ?

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Select RTE2, you should see the dotted cyan line on your navigational display? Find the waypoint that is in front of you, find that in the legs page, select it, then go back to the first page of the legs and select 1L and execute, it should now be magenta on your navigation display, press 1L twice again and select LNAV, you should see RTE2 legs as the title it done correctly. Sorry it takes less than 5 seconds to do it IRL but hard to explain with words :P.

Alex Dority

Basically, move the next waypoint to the top of your first legs page so that it is the next leg.

Basically, move the next waypoint to the top of your first legs page so that it is the next leg.

Thanks tried it but still no speeds and altitude.

Today when i was trying to put in dep airport in route 2 i was getting invalid entry. Same in destination. Maybe my bad but should be possible to enter dep.EGKK and my alternative airport? Or Maybe my original destination KMCO as Departure airport ?

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks tried it but still no speeds and altitude.

Today when i was trying to put in dep airport in route 2 i was getting invalid entry. Same in destination. Maybe my bad but should be possible to enter dep.EGKK and my alternative airport? Or Maybe my original destination KMCO as Departure airport ?

Michael

You should put KMCO as the RTE 2 departure and your alternate as destination. Were you doing this on ground or in air?

If you can't get VNAV check the PERF page and make sure all the data there has not been lost when you uploaded the new plan. Regarding activating LNAV after executing the new plan, you need to be on an intercept heading to the flight plan before it will allow you to do that. Also make sure the current waypoint is actually ahead of you, not behind you as it is in the screenshot with the discontinuity that won't clear.

ki9cAAb.jpg