Sign in to follow this  
331BK

Win 8.1 Vsync ?

Hi Together, 

I hope i`m not asking a question thats already answerd 7000 Times but i used google and the forum search but i couldn`t find anything usable for me. 

I`m using win 8.1 64 bit and installed prepar3d because i plan to switch from fsx to p3d. 

Everything works well great frames great graphics but is it true that there is actually absolutely no chance to get v-sync to work in win 8.1? 

I have really really bad tearing :(  The only way to reduce it is to set 8x sgss in NVI. 

Thank you for your help guys. 

brgds

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

You can try turning vsync / triple buffering off in P3D, set defaults in NVI, and setting vsync to adaptive 1/2 in Nvidia Control.  

You can try turning vsync / triple buffering off in P3D, set defaults in NVI, and setting vsync to adaptive 1/2 in Nvidia Control.  

1/2 refresh rate vsynch is not working in P3Dv2 because it needs FSE (Full Screen Exclusive) mode. FSX has FSE, P3Dv2 does not, it only offers windowed and simulated full screen modes.

Yes I know it shouldn't theoretically work. But I get no screen tearing in P3D with those settings in Win 8.1 (which is basically the point of enabling vsync...) 

I tried all of your tips, but it seems only 8x SSGS eliminates completely all of the "tearing". 

I had to lock the frames at 20 in P3D then i get "shimering/tearing" free picture and also only a few microstuters. 

Seems the PMDG 777 hit`s P3D in the same way like it did on FSX with the standard jet from P3D i get 50 FPS with the PMDG P3D dosent care if i set every slider to Max or not i never get more then 21-25 FPS. 

Even with my rig: 

5820K @ 4,7 Ghz with HT Enabled

GTX970 G1 Gaming 

Samsung SSD840 only for P3D 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT