Sign in to follow this  
Dan newitt

Trouble Installing REX

The problem with REX is its an Manual install and you have to know where to install the file.I have both and flight environment wins for me as its so easy to install not like REX to complex for people who dont know much aboutmanual installing.  I spent 6 hours last night trying to get REX working and at 2am i give up! I done what the REX told me to do and still no textures and runway markings just the default weather. I think i will get my money back on REX. My comment to REX make REX easier to install! 

Yes, you are right Jim so I split these posts off to a new topic.  The OP was responding to an old FEX vs REX topic for those who might be interested.

I done what the REX told me to do and still no textures and runway markings just the default weather. I think i will get my money back on REX. My comment to REX make REX easier to install!

I just reinstalled REX4 - Texture Direct last night and had no problems installing it (but then I do know some things about computers and stuff).  The following was taken from their manual and it seems to me to be very clear cut as to where you install the program:

REXGuide.png

In addition to that guidance I would right click the setup.exe program and then select Run as Administrator (I believe the guide has that recommendation too, just not in the above).  There is really nothing different from this guidance and the guidance for installing FEX or any Addon Program.  I'm glad you came here and posted your issues.  A lot of people simply give up when there are sometimes simple solutions.  Hope this helps!  Give it another go!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The problem with REX is its an Manual install and you have to know where to install the file.I have both and flight environment wins for me as its so easy to install not like REX to complex for people who dont know much aboutmanual installing.  I spent 6 hours last night trying to get REX working and at 2am i give up! I done what the REX told me to do and still no textures and runway markings just the default weather. I think i will get my money back on REX. My comment to REX make REX easier to install! 

Dan - We have a very helpful support staff ready to assist you get things up and running over at our support forum:  http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums and if we can't assist through our forums we have other methods to assist on a one on one basis.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I am so happy now its working! Finally i managed to do it correctly install. :)

Dan - We have a very helpful support staff ready to assist you get things up and running over at our support forum:  http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums and if we can't assist through our forums we have other methods to assist on a one on one basis.

Thank you! I am happy to tell you its working! yay. I have all the textures and runways markings It's Amazing! Love it. And the Sun looks great too.