Sign in to follow this  
TracyQ

Flysimware C441 vs. Realair Turbine Duke V.2 for a beginner twin/turbine driver?

Just looking for opinions/observations.  I've watched videos of both planes,  and they both seem to be very high quality,  but really,  I don't have a clue as to which would be better for a beginner in turboprops.

I fly "low and slow",  and guess that these airplanes would be "medium and medium"?

I don't have the FSW 441, but I do have the RealAir T Duke...currently flying it on a round the world trek.  I have owned pretty much every RealAir addon since FS2004, and I can tell you that RealAir is top notch.

As for the plane itself as a trainer, it would be kind of like using a P-51 for a tailwheel trainer.  The Turbine Duke is a real hot rod, capable of some pretty extreme performance numbers.  It can get ahead of you pretty quickly if you aren't careful.  However when you are comfortable with it, the plane is very manageable.  If you can comfortably handle a Spitfire, P-51...etc the Turbine Duke shouldn't be too hard.  Even some good experience with the Lancair Legacy will help.  The Turbine Duke is an excellent speedy mid-high alt x-country cruiser, capable of getting in and out of short runways, it's not really a low alt sightseeing machine.  

Personally I think the A2A C182 and RealAir Turbine Duke v2 one of the best low slow and high fast combos available.  

Cheers

TJ

Just looking for opinions/observations. I've watched videos of both planes, and they both seem to be very high quality, but really, I don't have a clue as to which would be better for a beginner in turboprops.

I fly "low and slow", and guess that these airplanes would be "medium and medium"?

Not to complicate your choice, but the Digital Aviation/Aerosoft Piper Cheyenne is an ideal size/speed turboprop to start with, and although a little dated in the VC eye-candy stakes, it has great functionality and flies nicely.