Hello everyone,

I recently got three cheap monitors and have set them up though nvidia surround.  I have turned on wide aspect ration in the fsx.cfg.  However, when I go into the sim, the center monitor looks ok, but the left and right monitors have major distortion.  They stretch the image out, like a fisheye.  When wideaspectratio is turned off, the distortion goes away, but then the sim is too zoomed in and with ezca at most zoomed out, the panel is still to big.  My resolution is 5132x900 with bezel correction.  How do I get rid of the distortion?

Thanks in advance,

Also, when loading the some 2D panels in the ngx such as the main panel or overhead, the sim crashes.  When loading the aerosoft, the cursor flickers between a pointer and a busy circle, which happened before when trying to load the ngx main panel (2D), rendering a massive frame rate drop.  How do I fix this?

None, I am a little surprised by the resolution you are using.  Seem it would be very wide and not very tall.  That might be the problem.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

RickSinGA: That is exactly what I thought, these are very widescreen monitors with a native resolution of 1600x900.  I thought that the aspect ratio, being all weird, would throw off the panels and distort the sides.

BIGSKY: does the program work for FSX?

Most people like myself just live with the distortion. I have not tried the fix mentioned above bye BIGSKY. However for the 2D popups causing the flickering mouse, single digit frame rates and sim crashes can be fixed. Navigate to your SimObjects>Airplanes folder and in each aircraft folder find the panel folder and open up the panel.cfg. You'll find a list of all the windows for that aircraft listed as [Window00] and [Window01] and so on. In each window look for where it says size_mm=1280,960 for example. Under that line you need to add  pixel_size=1280,960. So what ever numbers it has listed under size_mm=, use those same numbers in an added line under pixel_size=

Here are two example windows taken from my Coolsky DC-9 panel.cfg and the added changes are in bold.

[Window01]
file=CSDC9 - Overhead Lower.bmp
size_mm=1280,960
pixel_size=1280,960
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=10090
zorder=29

[Window02]
file=CSDC9 - Overhead Upper.bmp
size_mm=1280,731
pixel_size=1280,731
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=10100
zorder=30

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Ok, I will try the fix!

PWJT8D:  Thanks so much!  I have tried it on the ngx and everything seems to work.  My question now is that there are several panel.cfg s in the ngx and 777, do I need to modify all of them?

Thanks,

-----------------------------------

Thank you all for your help, all the problems seem to be sorted out except for slight distortion, but more importantly, fsinn doesn't run in full screen mode.  When I start fsinn, the full screen just freezes.  Then I exit full screen and everything is back to normal, the fsinn module is sitting there working fine.  However, when I try to get back into full screen mode, all the screens stay black.  I can hear the engine in the background when I rev the throttle and the sim still runs in the background (changing views, I can hear the different sounds and the aircraft is moving, I just can't see it because the screens are all black)  How can I fix this?

Thanks again,

My question now is that there are several panel.cfg s in the ngx and 777, do I need to modify all of them?

As long as there is a panel.cfg that has entries for [Window00] and so on then yes you will need to add the pixel_size entry to all of them. Some aircraft  such as the Coolsky DC-9 will have multiple panels depending on what variant, passenger or freighter version your flying. I don't have the PMDG 777 but I would assume the freighter variant would have it's own panel.cfg. So it would be a good idea to check all of your aircrafts and their variants. 

As for the FSINN I can't help you there, I don't use it. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?