Sign in to follow this  
noels7

Afcads in Version 2.5

Hi

Could someone advise where afcad files that normally resided in Addon Scenery in previous version are now placed in P3D V2.5.

Would creation of Addon Scenery + sub folder (scenery) created in P3D V2.5 directory suffice for rs.bgl and cvx.bgl files and

obj.bgl file in Scenery/Global/scenery folder.?

Any advice/assistance would be appreciated.

noels7

Noel Southam

Hi Noel

you can create an 'Addon Scenery' folder anywhere you want. This could be in your main P3D folder, but in my case I've created it outside (D:\P3D Addon Files\Addon Scenery) so that in the event of a re-install/update of P3D, the files are not lost.

Place any scenery folders within this, and when using the Scenery Library, Add Scenery within P3D, navigate to your new Addon Scenery folder and add as usual.

I've not tried adding a scenery sub folder  for rs.bgl and cvx.bgl files, but can't see why it wouldn't work.

The above should work as normal and is all you need to do.

You can however,keep other files outside of the main P3D folder as  shown below.

Within the P3D Addon Files folder, I have also created a SimObjects Folder (with 2 Sub folders - Airplanes and AI Aircraft), into which you can add the relevant addon aircraft. You will however need to edit your simobjects.cfg file (found in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepare3D v2), with entry 9 and 10 as below, using notepad.

simobjects.cfg[Entry.0]
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
[Entry.1]
Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
[Entry.2]
Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
[Entry.3]
Path=SimObjects\Boats
[Entry.4]
Path=SimObjects\Animals
[Entry.5]
Path=SimObjects\Misc
[Entry.6]
Path=SimObjects\Submersible
[Entry.7]
Path=SimObjects\Weapons
[Entry.8]
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
[Entry.9]
Path=D:\P3D Addon Files\SimObjects\AI Aircraft
[Entry.10]
Path=D:\P3D Addon Files\SimObjects\Aircraft

Within the P3D Addon Files folder, I have also created an 'Effects' folder into which any 3rd party addon effects can be added

In this case, the effects.cfg (same path as above)  file needs to have a line added to read

[Entry.0]
Path=Effects
[Entry.1]
Path=D:\P3D Addon Files\Effects

Hope I've answered your question and not over complicated my answer.

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your assistance. Appreciated

I have used the scenario I described and am in the process of testing each afcad within P3D V2.5

and all appears ok so far.

Regards

Noel

Noel Southam