Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Is it possible to remove the wheel chocks and not simultaneously release parking brakes?

It's just a minor annoyance w/ GSX which asks you to remove wheel chocks, then promptly chastises you because you've also released parking brakes.

Thanks in advance  :rolleyes:

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Isnt  there a option in the fmc  to have the  wheel chooks  removed as  like the ngx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You need to sign your posts with both your first AND Last name.

If you set the parking brake before you set chocks, the parking brake will remain on when you remove chocks.

Forgot to add in my last post in the ngx  you can have the chooks set automatically in all the time, thought this is the  same  as  the t7.   So if  you uncheck this option all you need to do is  just set  the parking brake  and forget about  the chooks

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You need to sign your posts with both your first AND Last name.

If you set the parking brake before you set chocks, the parking brake will remain on when you remove chocks.

Interesting, OK this implies the T7's coding does not recognize the parking brake's state at initialization, or assumes it's not set.  My default flight has the parking brake set and the chocks set.   So I think you are suggesting I either change my default flight so that it not longer initializes w/ the brakes/chocks set, or unset and reset the brake.  Is that correct?  I use the SHORT panel state I think it is...however I can use a customized one if that is what you are suggesting.

Noel C. Phares

Forgot to add in my last post in the ngx  you can have the chooks set automatically in all the time, thought this is the  same  as  the t7.   So if  you uncheck this option all you need to do is  just set  the parking brake  and forget about  the chooks

Thank you Peter, should I uncheck the chocks, and save the panel state, then make that state default is what you are saying?

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

You shouldn't have to do that. I believe the way chocks set works is by forcing the parking brake on. If you want the parking brake to be set when you remove chocks, try starting the flight with chocks set, then clicking the parking brake handle to raise it. I think that's what I do (I use short panel state as well). I have a switch on my throttles assigned to parking brake which I flick on when I run the sim.

Thank you Peter, should I uncheck the chocks, and save the panel state, then make that state default is what you are saying?

My mistake I was thinking of  the red text   displaying on your screen  which you can turn off or  have it displayed,  the only  way to do it  what chris has said.   Also if you remove the chooks  you cant connect any ground power  to the aircraft.  So the only way is  to remove the  chooks via  the fmc   than  the parking brake., sorry about the confusion on my part

Peter kelberg

pete_auau, on 23 Feb 2015 - 2:19 PM, said:

My mistake I was thinking of  the red text   displaying on your screen  which you can turn off or  have it displayed,  the only  way to do it  what chris has said.   Also if you remove the chooks  you cant connect any ground power  to the aircraft.  So the only way is  to remove the  chooks via  the fmc   than  the parking brake., sorry about the confusion on my part

Just to avoid confusion:

Untitled-1_zpsupkutr3z.jpg

You shouldn't have to do that. I believe the way chocks set works is by forcing the parking brake on. If you want the parking brake to be set when you remove chocks, try starting the flight with chocks set, then clicking the parking brake handle to raise it. I think that's what I do (I use short panel state as well). I have a switch on my throttles assigned to parking brake which I flick on when I run the sim.

'I believe the way chocks set works is by forcing the parking brake on.'

'then clicking the parking brake handle to raise it.'

T7 initializes w/ the parking brake on and chock set for me.   Are you thinking by in effect toggling the parking brake off that the action of removing wheel chocks that code will then make the parking brake lock instead of unlock?   I think GSX is going to prompt me to have the parking brakes set anyway, so it seems like the issue will remain, i.e. the issue of GSX telling me to set the parking brakes.  Anyway thanks, I'll play w/ it some more.

Noel C Phares

Noel

I mean that having chocks set is simulated by forcing the park brake on in the sim, so you can't disengage the park brake with chocks set. However, the park brake lever can still be raised lowered. With chocks set, if you raise the park brake lever, when you remove chocks in the FMC, the park brake should still be set.

I mean that having chocks set is simulated by forcing the park brake on in the sim, so you can't disengage the park brake with chocks set. However, the park brake lever can still be raised lowered. With chocks set, if you raise the park brake lever, when you remove chocks in the FMC, the park brake should still be set.

Very good, I'll give it a try today thank you.

Noel Phares

Noel

Works like a charm--many thanks ;o)

Noel Phares

Noel