Sign in to follow this  
byork

NGX Reboot is under development!

HI Bryan,

sorry for beeing annoying, but my NGX is rusting in the hangar  :lol:

what can I promise her to come out ? another 2 weeks, like timeplan was ? :rolleyes:

best regards

Paul

what can I promise her to come out ? another 2 weeks, like timeplan was ?

Not two weeks.

Hoping for 1 to 2 months.  No promises, but it should hopefully be do-able if the voice actors return stuff on time.

Once you are airborne, go back to your cfg window and reset the power source to external. When you land, the apu won't be started. Once you get to the gate, you'll have to shut down engine 2. Once the ground crew hooks up the GPU, you switch the power and shut down engine 1. It's all in the manual!!

Yes I'm well aware of this setup. But as soon as I start the next leg, the FO starts the APU during his preflight flows. Even though the GPU is already connected. We don't start it before approx 5min before pushback, so therefor I need to turn it off again, and then ask FO to start it at 5min, or do it myself.

The fuel calculations are usually done with 10-15min APU time an early start of APU eats in to my precious and "expensive" fuel :P

Bjørn Helge Småvollan

Will there be an option only to have GPU at the gate untill gates close then you can start the APU

Vernon Howells

Will there be an option only to have GPU at the gate untill gates close then you can start the APU

Reboot detects which panel state file you have loaded (cold, long and dark, short), and the FO performs actions based on that.

About 5 minutes prior to engine start, he'll ask you if you want the APU on if it's not already on.

NGX Reboot, however, includes button and voice control.

And Reboot is coming fast, today is day 2 of writing manuals.

There will be also the Emergency package? And, if not, the Reboot version will be compatible with actual Emergency package?

Thanks

Awsome. So, I think that the best is wait the Reboot version (I don't have any FS2Crew PMDG NGX product).

Emergency NGX is built into Reboot.

Cheers,

Two little questions in regard to this:

1. Will the additional FO voice sets that come with Emergency NGX also be included in Reboot?

2. Will the abnormal procedures again only work with the AU voice set?

Thanks a lot, looking forward to Reboot! ^_^

Olli

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1. Will the additional FO voice sets that come with Emergency NGX also be included in Reboot?

2. Will the abnormal procedures again only work with the AU voice set?

1. Not initially.   Take all your ideas about FS2Crew NGX, and through them out the window.  Reboot is completely different.  All the voices need to be re-recorded since everything changed.

2. Correct for the QRH stuff.  They have to be recorded by an airline pilot, otherwise they just sound bad.  The AU voice is a current airline pilot.

Reboot detects which panel state file you have loaded (cold, long and dark, short), and the FO performs actions based on that.

About 5 minutes prior to engine start, he'll ask you if you want the APU on if it's not already on.

I use the long panel state and will only have the GPU connected and i usually start the APU 5 mins before so what you are saying the FO will ask me if i want the APU started, so how long before?

You mentioned fs2crew will detect what panel state you are using so what about your own custom panel state how will that work from the default ones you get with the NGX?

Vernon Howells

I use the long panel state and will only have the GPU connected and i usually start the APU 5 mins before so what you are saying the FO will ask me if i want the APU started, so how long before?

You mentioned fs2crew will detect what panel state you are using so what about your own custom panel state how will that work from the default ones you get with the NGX?

1. The FO will ask you if you want the APU started in Reboot if the APU is not running.

2. It doesn't detect the panel state directly.  FS2Crew NGX Reboot looks at how the 737 is setup to see determine if you're using the Long Panel state (GPU and Air), or the Short Panel State (APU).

Your custom panel config files shouldn't be an issue, unless maybe you have the GPU and APU running at the same time (possibly... I've never tried that config).