Sign in to follow this  
gfd

Pushback

This is a newbie question. I am getting the plane setup so that I can start the learning curve. I am a bit confused about pushback. I've checked this and other forums; gone through the documentation and it still seems a bit vague to me.

I have GSX. However, I read that it doesn't play well with the 777. I looked in the CDU and I see pushback distance. How would I go about determining the pushback distance and turn radius to get me to the taxi line? I am sure I am missing something. Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks.

gsx  works great with the t7   on mine, have no issues, you havnt  said  what were the issues with gsx?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Graham, The 777 CDU Pushback is independent to the GSX Pushback system. If you didn't have GSX, you'd be able to use the built-in 777 pushback system.

But, you do have GSX, so don't bother with any pushback settings in the 777 CDU. Just simply open the GSX menu and start your pushback from there.

Hope this helps!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

If however, you someday do end up needing to use the FMC push back function, I've found that 350-400ft (assuming with a 90° turn) works well for most gates. Through trial and error I've found that 374ft usually puts me directly on the center line. I've always kind of used 375ft as my default distance and eyeballed it to see if more or less should be used depending on the gate and situation.

Buuuut... it sounds like you'll be using GSX which means the information above is redundant.

Thank you all,

My comments regarding GSX were from a couple of posts I read regarding nose wheel steering disconnect. I am obviously uninformed. My apologies.

Happy to use GSX. Anything I have to watch for?

Thanks again.