Sign in to follow this  
TheNerd

Looking for a good DC9/MD80

Anyone know, if at some point, Coolsky is going to make some of the other -9 variants (-50 maybe?)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

SkySimulations' rendition doesn't look too bad. It probably doesn't have the systems of the Coolsky one, but at least you'll get everything from the -10 to the -50.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I've had the Leonardo MD80 for a number of years, it's fantastic but I find the vc needs updating bigtime and the sound too, but in its day it was mega! I am an X plane user now, awesome sim, and I'm waiting for this, it's looking very promising for sure... Go take a look at rotatesim.com.

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

The VC in the mad dog is terriible - an afterthought really. 

I have to agree with this.  The systems, flight dynamics, and features of the Maddog are unsurpassed.... but, can you really live with those visuals?   .... personally, I did for a long time (until about 2013) but cannot now.  It wasn't a good VC when it was released, and it certainly isn't now.

For a MD-80 it definitely has to be the Flight 1 / Coolsky MD-80 Pro, and for a DC-9 again the Coolsky is top of the game.

Based on the recommendations I read (I don't blame anyone), I purchased the Super 80 Professional  from Flight 1 Software who support CoolSky on this product and so far I have to say DO NOT BUY IT!  I have spent the last 2 days so far trying everything I can to install this $59.95 piece of software into my FSX-SE  and all I get is 99% on the install and it freezes at CMD80-spoiler_wind.wav.

I am not new to Flight1 since I have purchased the IFLY 737 in the past and their panel program.  Now I do not think I will continue to purchase from them since no one can bother to answer my trouble ticket since yesterday.

I have tried to find help on their forums, but I cannot gain access even though I have access to my IFLY forums.  They say they not want to reward pirates by making it easy for them to find help so that means that we the paying public must suffer with bad product installs!