Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

Need invitation code to sign up at Majestic forum?

Guest JustanotherPilot

You have to purchase the Majestic Q400 and you use your proof of purchase to register.

Did you ever find out the answer?

I have never seen anything so ridiculously stupid in my 8 years of flight sim. You need an invitation code to ask to sign up to their support forums? And then nowhere to be found anywhere on their website could I find information on it or how to obtain an invitation code.

I just wasted a bunch of time looking through their website, trying out different numbers that I have on my purchase receipt only to get skunked. That's 45 minutes of my life I will never get back. Talk about what a great way to make your paying customers feel welcome.

Ya I'm a little worked up!!!   :mad:

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

To obtain an invitation code, email Majestic...

support@majesticsoftware.com

Give them...

1. Full Name

2. Email Address

3. Vendor from which you purchased your MJC Q400

4. the Order Number

Hate to say this, but it took me a few seconds on google to find the answer.

I guess I've developed the nack over the years.

Really nice people over at Majestic.

Not sure if it was you that asked the question over at Just Flight or not, but I posted the answer their too.

I purchased the DVD version of Majestic's Dash8 Q400, but could not install it in my computer despite multiple attempts during which  I get prompted for the DVD serial key code, which I type in, BUT then the system just freezes up and stops with no error message of any sort.

I have never encountered such a failure to install with ANY of the numerous FS9 and FSX airliners I have purchased in DVD form over the years.  At least with the procedure described by Martin here, I now have an idea about how to qualify for the privilege of joining the Majestic discussion forum so I can finally ask someone why my DVD version won't install.

I do find it a bit odd that customers need to grovel and jump through hoops to qualify for acceptance into the hallowed realm of the Majestic discussion forum, though my exasperation is not quite as intense as that described by Ponco, perhaps because I hadn't yet tried to chase down the fabled "Invitation Code", so I can at least thank Poncho for alerting me that I would never have found the Invitation Code where I had hoped to locate it. 

Anyways, the Majestic Q400 does have such a sterling reputation with users that I would gladly dress up in a over-sized kangaroo costume and allow myself to be filmed swimming laps in a pool thus attired, if that is what it will take to get my DVD copy of this aircraft up and running.   

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

I do find it a bit odd that customers need to grovel and jump through hoops to qualify for acceptance into the hallowed realm of the Majestic discussion forum,

Actually, it's not that bad. You can access the Majestic forum without sighing up. Then the instructions re the invitation code are about 13 down.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/

Not sure why Majestic do it this way, they must have their reasons, but they are great guys over there, and will bend over backwards to help you.

Stick at it guys, it's an absolutely awesome product, that defies the laws of physics in terms of it's frame rate. You won't find such a complex add-on with such great frame rates and awesome flight dynamics. FDE is courtesy of NASA software, coded outside of FSX.

Some [like me] turn the propwash effect off, simply because it's easier with a joystick. Yoke and pedal guys tend to leave it on. The Dash you see, in real life, has a less than efficient yaw damper.

kroswynd July 2014

All personnel MUST LOGIN to be able to POST topics on the forum.

If you desire an "invitation code" in order to gain access to the forum, please send us an email with the listed items below this message to our Support Department, or if you are a Facebook user, you can send a Private Message via our Facebook page.

Please be sure to include your:

1. Full Name

2. Email Address

3. Vendor from which you purchased your MJC Q400

4. the Order Number

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing and interacting with you in the forums.

The Majestic Software Team

Wow thanks for this vital, time saving information Martin.  I really look forward to flying the Q400, and to fighting that prop wash yaw with my CH yoke and Saitek rudder pedals.  The Q400 FMS is reportedly a fair bit different from the Boeing FMS or the Airbus MCDU, and I look forward to learning this variant of auto-flight management. 

Now that all else has failed I might as well follow the instructions you have been kind enough to point out. and I can say with assurance now that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an approaching train.    

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

No problem Tony.

The FMC isn't as sophisticated as you're used to in an Airbus or big Boeing, simply because it's doesn't need to be for a regional turboprop, nonetheless, it's quiet capable. There's an FMC tutorial in the Majestic forum I recall.

By the way, don't forget the Pro version will be out in time, not sure how long but suspect reasonably close. You will have a nice HUD to play with then, not to mention all manner of other goodies. 

Thanks Martin,

In all honesty I googled it too, that's how I found this thread.

I'm glad you found it in a second where as I wasted time at their website trying to figure things out on my own (but that's me), so I don't waste other people time with stupid questions. I guess the point I am trying to make is why can't they just say that on the website. Why in the world have a sign up link that just takes you too another webpage where you can't sign up and no explanation.  

I can't agree on them being nice people when they show no respect for other peoples valuable time. IMO paying customers should not need to search the internet to figure out how to sign up to their support form. Also I did not post my question anywhere else, there are others...

Again, thank you for the info.     

Guest Mik75

You're not alone! ;-)

I never managed to get access to their forum as well. After a bit of searching and researching on the web, I simply gave up on it!

But, I never needed the support forum, the manual is simply that good and this beautiful addon always worked absolutely flawlessly for me! ;-)

Thanks Martin,

I can't agree on them being nice people when they show no respect for other peoples valuable time. IMO paying customers should not need to search the internet to figure out how to sign up to their support form. Also I did not post my question anywhere else, there are others...

Again, thank you for the info.

It's not a case of "not being nice people because they don't show respect for peoples time". That implies that they did it deliberately, where of course they didn't.

As I say, my experience of majestic is that they are very reasonable people. I'm sure therefore, that if you and anyone else were to email them and politely suggest that the relevant information be located elsewhere, that they would gladly consider your suggestions.

I've just gone through the process myself, despite already being a member. I went to the home page, then support, then hit forum, and then apply for membership... and I can certainly see why you guys had issues. The information required is in the form of a sticky topic rather than displayed when you hit sign up.

But trust me guys, it's not done deliberately to fool you.

Also I did not post my question anywhere else, there are others...

I was referring to the topic starter. But guess it must have been just a coincidence. 

Chaps. I've just suggested to majestic that this issue is looked at.

Hopefully they will find time to address it, and end the confusion.

Well Martin, you hit the nail on the head. Why don't they just end the confusion?

They must know there is some, no? I'd find it hard to believe you are the first one to mention it to them, and the fact that they have not addressed it is what makes me feel like they don't appreciate our time. I can say this because I purchased the Q400 when it first came out (how long has it been now?), and I'm fairly certain that their support system was like that then as I tried to sign up, and I think at that time I just walked away from it. I might even have sent them an email, but it's so long ago I don't remember.

Anyway I'm glad you sent them an email, I might also in due course, because it may help others.   

Well it's still there in their forum, with no replies.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/

They're probably really busy with the Pro version I suppose. Lets see what happens in a few days. If that fails I know one of their beta testers realy well, I'll ask him what it's all about.

AS ALL THE ABOVE.. had to use google/this forum TO FIND ANSWERS THAT CANT BE FOUND ON THEIR SITE ALONE. Sad. Wish i could refund the product and INVEST IN ANOTHER PMDG AIRCRAFT.

installed/purchased Q400 NEW.. JUST NEW WAS NOT GOING TO BE UP TO SCRATCH.  $$$$$$ WASTED ------ BIG LESSON LEARNED..... PMDG OR NOTHING.  oh well.. did try 

Jeff Blyth