Sign in to follow this  
737_800

[vatsim] You look for more traffic?

Hey pilots,

do you know that, you want to fly online and you're thinking, where do go. Checking of ATC stations and trying to choose an airport with plenty of traffic, is not seldom one of the initial steps. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and no aircraft nor atc is roughly nearby.

What I am trying to say is: Why we don't fly together? We can arrange flights and perform them. I personally have time early/late in the morning, weekdays, and there is no much traffic at this time. When we could localize our flights, as far as I concern, everything would be a bit more realistic and probably more fun. At least we would've some more traffic on our TCAS.

Another good point is, when we write our next flights publicly, chances getting ATC will increase, provided that right people read here. ^^

Early/late in the morning means in my time zone: 05:00Z till approx: 12:00Z. Or weekends are available, too.

I am open for short and long haul flights, so I am equipped with a NGX and 777.

Feel free to share your ideas and thoughts.

I'm with you, getting sequenced to and from an airport makes it a lot more fun and realistic. If only there was a section on vat aware or vattastic where people could share their planned flights during the day/week, then people who don't plan and just fly when spare time comes up can join those areas.

Instead of having events that don't usually get much traffic there can be weekly focus regions.

Pretty sure there's already a section in the VATSIM forum where you could do this. Also, if you check the VATSIM main page for the events, it would tell you when and where events would take place, and if you fly in an event, you'll find more traffic there.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Pretty sure there's already a section in the VATSIM forum where you could do this. Also, if you check the VATSIM main page for the events, it would tell you when and where events would take place, and if you fly in an event, you'll find more traffic there.

Events are far and few between. Also different sites such as VATSIM, Vatastic, etc. Advertise events that the other don't so whichever site people use is what they see, and there's less traffic than there could be.

I think what the OP is going for here is a more organized/streamlined way to make it like that more often rather than an event once or twice a month, when there's other times there's tons of people flying but not in a specific area increasing traffic.

If there were focus areas daily or weekly then people could all arrange to fly that area that day or week to increase traffic all the time not one or two days a month.