Sign in to follow this  
cbear

fsx freezing and other issues

I just purchased the boxed version of this A/C  and am having a number of issues. FSX has crashed several times when trying use this plane. If I save/load  a flight, or reload it the pop up view panels change layout and functions and none of the switches etc respond. The plane is just dead. I can not keep the sim  functioning long enough to get off the ground. If I am not using this plane FSX works smoothly with no issues. I have installed the sc1 service pack.

Any help would appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

I just purchased the boxed version of this A/C  and am having a number of issues. FSX has crashed several times when trying use this plane. If I save/load  a flight, or reload it the pop up view panels change layout and functions and none of the switches etc respond. The plane is just dead. I can not keep the sim  functioning long enough to get off the ground. If I am not using this plane FSX works smoothly with no issues. I have installed the sc1 service pack.

Any help would appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

Bruce, full names per PMDG forum rules please.

I am sorry, you ran together many problems as one and I can't sort out what works and what doesn't... so from the beginning.  What happens when you start FSX, and from Free Flight select the PMDG 737 (any variant)?  I assume that you do not have the PMDG set as default airplane (don't do that per instructions in Introduction).

FSX should load the NGX on a runway with engines running, tanks full and payload set  then an count down from 20 happens while PMDG intitializes.  What happens in your set up?

Dan Downs KCRP

If load the plane from free flight as you say it works ok but with a few minutes FSX stops working. The screen goes white, and I get  a windows box that FSX has had a fatal error and is being restarted. I am assuming that the freezing and other issues are all related that is why I put in one topic. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Just noticed something in your post, my tanks are at 2% not full.

I am using the house variant as this is the only one installed.

Bruce

NO ideas from anyone???  I will be sending a note about the total lack of support here.

Bruce

NO ideas from anyone???  I will be sending a note about the total lack of support here.

Hey Bruce,

This is not specifically a support forum, and folks are very helpful and responsive here most of the time.

I totally understand your frustration and how it relates to the appearance that this forum is not responsive.

Anyhow...There are a few basic things you can clear up for us while you're waiting for more input that will help us target your specific issue.

First and foremost, HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the [GRAPHICS] section.

If its not there, it alone could resolve this issue.

If this is your 1st ULTRA-complex aircraft, then you may have never needed the extra system resources this aircraft needs to work.  And by complex I mean many things...but the most relevant to FSX freezing is the "poly" count...PMDG models are ULTRA complex in that respect as they by far higher in poly count than other models.  This means much more visual detail both in the cockpit and the exteriors.

If you have the HIGHMEMFIX line in your FSX.CFG file, then there are many more "tweaks" that will most likely help with your issue.

Let us know if that is there first, then we'll go from there.

​It also helps to list all the relevant 3rd party addons you're running, in addition to where your sliders are set.

Just about all of can run sliders at max with no 3'rd party addons and the default Cessna 172, but start adding stuff, and you quickly eat up all the resources FSX needs to run in an 32 bit environment. 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi steve, sorry for the misunderstanding about the forum, I was brought here from the PMDG website. They list this as there support forum.

Yes the highmemfix is set in the cfg. This is not the first "complex" plane I have and I don't see wha is so complex aobut it. I figured out with help from another site that along as I close fsx between flights with this aircraft It seems to be ok.

I also found out that the issues saving and reloading the aircraft are normal for it. There was a work around suggested that I will be testing.

Thanks for your help

Bruce

Hi steve, sorry for the misunderstanding about the forum, I was brought here from the PMDG website. They list this as there support forum.

Yes the highmemfix is set in the cfg. This is not the first "complex" plane I have and I don't see wha is so complex aobut it. I figured out with help from another site that along as I close fsx between flights with this aircraft It seems to be ok.

I also found out that the issues saving and reloading the aircraft are normal for it. There was a work around suggested that I will be testing.

Thanks for your help

Bruce

I guess I forgot that they do list this as their support forum on their website, its just that I go there so infrequently I forget about that, hehe.

The Dev/Support team are very active in this forum, mostly Kyle and Tabs, other times its not that they are aloof (I love saying that word), its just that they are really busy working on the fleet of birds they've developed, and now have spread across 5 platforms.

The complexity as it relates to memory issues, like I mentioned, is by how many polys were used to build the models. If you're familiar on how 3d modeling works, and how its rendered in a 3d application, then you'd see why it's "complex" compared to other models.

This site, though not related to flightsim in any way, talks about optimal poly counts and how they affect performance....

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/3d-model-polygon-count-how-much-is-optimal.54832/  

Its a pretty good read if you're curious as to why ANY 3d model developer (which is what EVERY flightsim developer is who works with anything you "see" in flightsim) is always concerned about poly count when making the most detailed models in their field (and the PMDG models are the most accurate you can find anywhere)

I know that you may be thinking that its crazy to be versed in 3d modeling when all you want to do is fly a realistic 737 around in flightsim, and I totally agree with you.

But just as silly as that is, as a flightsim painter, I have no interest in the ins & outs of 3d modeling, I just want to paint the plane.  :lol:   But alas, in order to understand (and be good ) at painting, I have to know about how our modelers build the texture maps I paint on, and that invariably leads to a quest for more understanding on how it "ALL" works, hehe.

Sad as it may seem (and I make this observation all the time), we are all unwitting members of a special group of people who have become more knowledgeable in computer tweaking than we ever wanted to be.  I can speak for everyone here that given a choice, I'd much rather spend my time flying than tweaking my machine to make my flight experience more enjoyable...which can quickly become a degenerative feedback loop, just like painting planes!  :LMAO:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

ok so to make sure I understand this, I can not get support on the official support form from PMDG product I have to be willing to put my full name on a PUBLIC forum? This is very odd. I participate in forums and chats all over the net and never seen this. All police and internet privacy consultants tell us NOT to give full ID's in public forums etc.

I have received help on other forums who are actually interested in helping people.

Good bye.

ok so to make sure I understand this, I can not get support on the official support form from PMDG product I have to be willing to put my full name on a PUBLIC forum? This is very odd. I participate in forums and chats all over the net and never seen this. All police and internet privacy consultants tell us NOT to give full ID's in public forums etc.

I have received help on other forums who are actually interested in helping people.

Good bye.

You can get my full name from a phone book...

And I work for a police agency...giving your name is not the problem...it's your name, and there are probably several hundred or more people with that same combination of names. What police and internet consultants tell you is not to put up personal info. You use your name in public every day when you whip out your credit card...it has your full name on it if you hadn't noticed.

Silly thing to get angry over when you really think about it...

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I smell a pirate  :ph34r:.

If you want full support without giving your full name to the public, go to support.precisionmanuals.com and submit a support ticket there with your order ID, email address etc. PMDG will be able to see your real name from the order etc so can verify :). All private.