Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Scenery Library does not disable scenery - v2.5

I've noticed this since 2.5 was released. Perhaps it was in 2.4 too but when I disable the photoscenery via the Scenery Library function (versus using the Scenery Config Editor), the photoscenery is still there. Nothing has changed. I go back into the Scenery Library and the photoscenery is definitely disabled. If I quit P3D and restart, the photoscenery is gone. I also have the same problem when enabling photoscenery via the Scenery Library. Just wondering if others are experiencing this problem. I have my P3D installed in the non-default location (K:/Prepar3D).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Are you using the last hotfix? I was having similar problems, I'm not sure if with the hotfix they fixed it

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

Jim,

sorry, same question as above - is this problem occuring after the hotfix?

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

It's gotta be post hotfix... because the hotfix addressed precisely that.  I still don't have the hotfix because I use a lot of FSDT/FB airports

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Jim,

HotFix is supposed to address that issue -- only just now did I do test flight on my new PC to compare performance for a baseline V2.5 ... without hotfix.  I'll check the HotFix later tonight ... gotta head out now.

Cheers, Rob.

Okay thanks. I'm staying away from the hotfix as too many members seem to be having issues with it. I need to read what the hot fix fixes though before posting....

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

In FSX, a pretty good way of seeing that scenery library changes were taking effect "on the fly" was an immediate appearance of the scenery database re-loading, before the sim returns to a flyable state. If no scenery database reload appears, then library changes are not being implemented and so quitting the sim is necessary to make them stick, whereupon the database should then re-configure itself on the next start up.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Jim, Rob,  that problem was with 2.5 before the hot fix as you know, scenery library changes needed a restart.  But the hotfix has definitely solved that (for me at least).  I would add that I've had no problems whatsoever with the hotfix (or 2.5 itself for that matter)  - they seem only with those who've loaded the fix the wrong way  or with a couple add-ons (FSDT and ASN?) of course .   

Too many members?   Possibly a vociferous minority?    ^_^

Jim, Rob,  that problem was with 2.5 before the hot fix as you know, scenery library changes needed a restart.  But the hotfix has definitely solved that (for me at least).  I would add that I've had no problems whatsoever with the hotfix (or 2.5 itself for that matter)  - they seem only with those who've loaded the fix the wrong way  or with a couple add-ons (FSDT and ASN?) of course .   

Too many members?   Possibly a vociferous minority?    ^_^

+1 here also - no issues - FSDT scenery all OK - GTN750 perfect after F1 patch applied ( Rob Y. - she's all cleaned up awaiting input into a shiny new Royal Turbine Duke ) !!

WAT1460.png

If no scenery database reload appears, then library changes are not being implemented

In my case, when I disabled the photoscenery and clicked okay, I did see the scenery database reloading but still no changes were made. I'm pretty much frustrated with this whole game and I doubt I will last much longer playing it.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I apologize for the confusion. I'm frustrated with the whole game. Fixing the Scenery Library is not going to relieve any frustrations I currently have with this game. I can live with the Scenery Library not working for now. I understand many are having problems after installing the hotfix so I'm not going to do anything until the issue(s) are rectified. I have ASN and FSDT airports and not too excited about reinstalling them again.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Can understand your frustration Jim, but that's the nature of a changing platform and those 3rd party folks that bind to specific elements of that platform.

3rd party have come up with some creative ideas that worked well for a never changing FSX core elements (outside of the SDK), but isn't working so well with a changing P3D.  3rd party operate the dependency to help their product achieve things that normally can't be achieved within the confines of the SDK.

To be fair to both, can't fix a bug without making code changes ... if any 3rd party has established a reliance on that element that got fixed then they'll have to update their product.  Can't tell you how many FSDT updates I've endured for the better of the product, same with ASN ... far more updates from FSDT and ASN than those updates released by LM's v2.x series.  So the burden is shared.

Should there be another way?  Maybe, but for that to happen 3rd party would need to share with LM what they are doing and why ... is that happening?  

Cheers, Rob.

I apologize for the confusion. I'm frustrated with the whole game. Fixing the Scenery Library is not going to relieve any frustrations I currently have with this game. I can live with the Scenery Library not working for now. I understand many are having problems after installing the hotfix so I'm not going to do anything until the issue(s) are rectified. I have ASN and FSDT airports and not too excited about reinstalling them again.

Best regards,

Hang in there Jim! Remember FSX_MS release version, SP1, then SP2, etc. Equally frustrating but it got better over time.

+1 here also - no issues - FSDT scenery all OK - GTN750 perfect after F1 patch applied ( Rob Y. - she's all cleaned up awaiting input into a shiny new Royal Turbine Duke ) !!

We're testing the release candidate right now.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page