Sign in to follow this  
aviator17

Weird freezing

Hello everyone!

I've been using Flight simulators (FS2004, FSX) for more than 10 years, but it always has something new for me. For example, my current installation randomly freezes, for 3-5 minutes, than resumes. It does this usually once or maximum twice in 4-6 hours continuous utilization. That's nearly all I know exactly about the issuse.

Some more information:

I looked the event viewer when this freezing occured, and at that time the Windows Error Reporting Service entered into the running state, then in two minutes Windows Error Reporting Service entered into the stopped state. So an error might be occured, but I have no more information about it.

By now, I had 3-4 flights when this occured, and - I don't know whether it counts or not - I can say that every time, the freezing came when I cross EGTT FIR. All of these flights were departed from EGLL or EGKK. Yes, I know you say that this is b*llsh*t, but that's the situation, that's my experience, 3-4 times with freezing on the border of EGTT FIR can not be a coincidence.

List of add-ons I use:

Pilot's FSGlobal Europe&Africa

ORBX Base v1.30

ORBX Vector v1.20

ORBX OpenLC Europe v1.10

Rex Texture Direct + SP1

Rex soft clouds + SP1

Aerosoft Airbus 318/319/320/321

Simwings Heathrow

UK2000 Gatwick, Glasgow, Manchester

On separate computer with simconnect and WideFS:

Active Sky Next

vPilot online client

No other add-ons installed, the system is quite new, this installation is about a few weeks old. I plan to check the RAMs with memtest, do a full virus scan, and refresh the chipset driver. That's what I've found on the internet in connection with the issue, and no more.

Anybody has any idea (or needs more information to figure out an idea), please write it here. I'm very curious about the reason of this!

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Adam

I had the same type of situation where my fsx would freeze exactly at the same spot. So I ran Process Monitor and set it up so that only FSX stuff was being logged (see page 4, AVSIM CTD Guide for configuration instructions). At the spot of the freeze, only AI from MyTrafficX were being logged. I disabled MyTrafficX and the freezes stopped. I then downgraded MTX from 5.4c to 5.4b and the crashes stopped. I did not install any of the AI schedules located on the developers website (2013 or 2012) and use the default that came with the original program. That was my fix.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim!

Thanks for your reply. I have never used MyTraffic for FSX, so my fix will be different, but I didn't know about that AVSIM CTD guide, but now, I will have a look at it, hope it helps!

Regards,

Adam

Hey Adam,

You don't happen to have your system running on an SSD do you?

If so, this is what fixed it for me....

http://www.ithacks.com/2012/10/14/fixing-an-ssd-freezing-on-windows-7/

Don't worry about the link title with the word "hacks" in it...its a good site, and resolved my issue when I installed a new SSD.

Type "intel" as shown below and look for the Intel Rapid Storage Tech icon and open it....

zRZ1wu.jpg

The make sure Link Power Management is DISABLED. (Enabled has the link underline below it)

sgGPmQ.jpg

Reboot your PC and see if that helps.

EDIT: Just read your post more carefully....my fix would be only if you were having freezes every so often and was for a minute or so, then all was fine until the next "cycle"

Still good info if you're having random freezes that are driving you nuts (Like I did with a new system that had no business freezing, hehe)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hello Steve!

Thanks for this detailed post, I will try it, it sounds like a fix. I've never heard about that it can be a solution. I'll report about the results!

Thanks for your help!