Sign in to follow this  
rayp

"Access Violation" error message

While using LINDA Editor to write several instructions I tried to ease the job by trying to highlight an instruction and use the copy/paste system. I was allowed to highlight the instruction and bring up the copy/paste sub menu.  However, when I clicked on copy, a LINDA error message appeared on the screen producing continuous images with a bleep each time and I could not stop them.  I had to reboot the computer to close LINDA and remove the multiple messages and images.  The message was "Access violation at address 00405B16 in module "linda.exe". Read of address 000028EC".  Have you come across this before.  I don't mind one error message if I do something wrong but this multiple repetition seems a little over the top.

Hi rayp

Thank you for the report. What version of LINDA are you using?

This is a error I have not been working or even touched. I assume you are referring the right-click popup menu to access the Copy option.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I am using version 1.1.3 at the moment and, yes, I am referring to the right-click pop up menu. I tried version 2.5.7 but had a problem using Tracer which I reported and am now waiting for the next finished version to be distributed.

Hi rayp

Thank you for the extra info (essential to answering any question).  I have been able to reproduce the fault in the latest 2.6.9b10 and am investigating. The Tracer fault has been fixed.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi rayp

I have found the source of the problem and I will include a fix in the next beta. It only occurs if FSX is also running. Although one would expect the usual right-click pop up menu for copy/paste, this was never implemented in the LINDA editor. The right-click I think was designed to send the current function/command under the cursor to FSUIPC for testing purposes.

Thank you again for reporting the issue.

Edited by ScotFlieger
FSX also running

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK