Sign in to follow this  
Dano

Converted FSX content and Jobs

I apologize if this has already been answered in another thread.  I tried a few searches to no avail.

The FSX content conversion worked flawlessly for me, and Flight is offering jobs at various airports (other than Hawaii and Alaska), but won't let me fly them because I'm not a "level 5" (non-GFWL). I don't suppose there's a way to hack our way to level 5 to see if it's actually possible to fly those jobs?

Dano

You can fly the existing missions and challenges or collect Aerocaches to increase XP and in turn, increase level, I think. Otherwise you might be able to edit the ProfileData.xml file in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Flight\Players\.

You can fly the existing missions and challenges or collect Aerocaches to increase XP and in turn, increase level, I think. Otherwise you might be able to edit the ProfileData.xml file in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Flight\Players\.

Good idea. I'll make a backup of my non-GFWL profile, take a look at my level 20 GFWL profile to see what it has that my new non-GFWL profile doesn't have, try an edit, and see what happens. 

Just open the ProfileData.xml file as previous posters describe. Find the block <CareerXPs> and put 1000000 in there. You'll be at Level 20 with at least all level locked features available. Otherwise, an hour or two of proper challenge flights will get you to level 5 or 6.