Sign in to follow this  
kenz

PROSIM did it, why not PMDG ?

This is an awesome feature and a nice idea for implementing CPDLC / AOC / ACARS functionalities in an addon :

It would be great. The only problem is that we don't want to restrict a utility to only one network. If we only set it up for one network, we'd be snubbing everyone on the other network. If we didn't build it for either network, specifically, even if we did include it - at the moment - it would have nothing to communicate with that has a wide user base.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

And why do we all have to buy ASN for the WXR radar? That's also snubbing the rest...

Greetz,

Jeffrey

Hi Kyle,

And why do we all have to buy ASN for the WXR radar? That's also snubbing the rest...

Greetz,

Jeffrey

Because Hifi has snubbed the competition in regards to weather injection and precip data. No other weather engine can provide the needed "radar data" (put simply).

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

But IVAO is also the only network who can provide this

Anyone could provide a network for this. Anyone with a networked database server and some low level programming skills could easily do this.

HiFi - so far - is the only one who has been able to tackle the weather radar issue in the sim.

I knew someone would try to make that argument. Nice try though...

Kyle Rodgers

Hihi okay Kyle :-)

I'm waiting patiently on the pmdg ngx update :-)

Nice evening!

Jeffrey

Hihi okay Kyle :-)
I'm waiting patiently on the pmdg ngx update :-)
Nice evening!

I think we're all ready to have the NGX P3D version and FSX:SE updates off to you all. Just need to make sure they're all buttoned up and ready to go. Nice evening to you too.

Kyle Rodgers

I think we're all ready to have the NGX P3D version and FSX:SE updates off to you all. Just need to make sure they're all buttoned up and ready to go. Nice evening to you too.

:o  :o  :o

wwwwwhaaaat?  :lol:

Philipp Schwaegerl

I think we're all ready to have the NGX P3D version and FSX:SE updates off to you all. Just need to make sure they're all buttoned up and ready to go.

Let the abuse of the F5 keys begin!

NAX669.png

:o  :o  :o

wwwwwhaaaat?  :lol:

Don't read too much into that. I was just saying "I think the team is ready to be done with it and moving on to other projects," and that "we need to ensure everything has been taken care of for the NGX before we send it off."

Let the abuse of the F5 keys begin!

ha - don't wear yourselves out just yet. RSR will update you all when there's a reason to be updated.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the update Kyle, this is great news :)

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Thanks for the update Kyle, this is great news :)

It's the same news as RSR posted on Saturday:

It's not ready yet. We'll let you know when it is...

Kyle Rodgers