[27FEB15] Latest News/Release Planning Notes, etc

Larry-

Have you MET our customers?  :ph34r:

:lol:

I met him just the other day, and he was quite upset.  :P

Take a well deserved break!  :smile:

Stian Beinset

ENML

Of all the excuses out there, you would think that a more imaginative one would come out from this team.

My martian glow in the dark pet iguana with the pink nose ate the homework, er I meant to say the code.

No, wait, wait, I meant to say the p.c.

Is it really that difficult to come up with the proper 0's and 1's to make things work smoothly?

I mean come on for crying out loud folks, how many tens of trillions upon trillions of options and variables are there in the code?

Not to mention having it interact with three other different codes/sims and windows to boot.

On a more serious note, you guys need some rest, so go get it, and thanks for the update. :good:

P.S. If you are reading this and have an itchy "complain" typing finger ready you have my sincere apologies, as I think I beat you to it.

Personally, what i think is going wrong and causing the headaches is probably the weather radar integration - and why i have been saying "Fix what you have first, then improve it/release it for other platforms" because then all the people that whine and complain on the forums (myself included) would of been silenced, Simply because they would have something more then a 95 dollar digital paper weight (and i got it while on sale so ) 

And for those people who say "You should be grateful, they are providing updates for free to you" Well, to be honest - i would be a bit more appreciative if i had a working aircraft first - Cause at this point, i basically feel as though I bought the aircraft and the update on pre-order rather than receiving an update for free. 

Personally, what i think is going wrong and causing the headaches is probably the weather radar integration - and why i have been saying "Fix what you have first, then improve it/release it for other platforms" because then all the people that whine and complain on the forums (myself included) would of been silenced, Simply because they would have something more then a 95 dollar digital paper weight (and i got it while on sale so ) 

And for those people who say "You should be grateful, they are providing updates for free to you" Well, to be honest - i would be a bit more appreciative if i had a working aircraft first - Cause at this point, i basically feel as though I bought the aircraft and the update on pre-order rather than receiving an update for free. 

That's because you bought an addon for an unsupported sim. Who's problem is that? Not PMDG's. Move on, it'll be done when it's done. You don't need to tell your whole "paperweight" story on every single thread. We get it.

Robert, firstly I was not being serious here in any way.

Secondly, if you are referring to the 737, then I am not able to comprehend (I am an enthusiast, not a pro) how the aircraft is not as you say flyable.

I fly it quite often, and have had no serious issues in FSX as i do not use any other sim.

If you however are referring to the new fsxse simulation, than all I can say is wait, it will be released soon.

Waleed N

The WXR integration is the last thing causing the headaches I think. Why would it? It is just a module in cooperation with ASN, so not a big deal actually. The WXR is working and it's done. 

What could (!) cause the problem is the different platform integration. FSX:SE works a bit different as FSX, so I could imagine this is not easy for PMDG, making an installer working  without bugs for both sides. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Robert, firstly I was not being serious here in any way.

Secondly, if you are referring to the 737, then I am not able to comprehend (I am an enthusiast, not a pro) how the aircraft is not as you say flyable.

I fly it quite often, and have had no serious issues in FSX as i do not use any other sim.

If you however are referring to the new fsxse simulation, than all I can say is wait, it will be released soon.

Steam edition incompatibilities my friend, I bought it a month ago while it was on sale and i haven't been able to fly it once because the activation window refuses to pop up. 

The WXR integration is the last thing causing the headaches I think. Why would it? It is just a module in cooperation with ASN, so not a big deal actually. The WXR is working and it's done. 

What could (!) cause the problem is the different platform integration. FSX:SE works a bit different as FSX, so I could imagine this is not easy for PMDG, making an installer working  without bugs for both sides. 

I think this is the age of the NGX coming back to haunt it, it was made earlier in PMDG's career and thus its coding may not be as simply or easy as it was for the T7 - While i do think there were some problems with steam edition compatibility, steam edition doesn't work /that/ differently than the boxed versions of FSX, so i would think those problems would of already been solved, the weather radar may be posing more of a problem due to new technology being interfaced with older tech - sometimes they just don't like to get along at first. 

Steam edition incompatibilities my friend, I bought it a month ago while it was on sale and i haven't been able to fly it once because the activation window refuses to pop up. 

I think this is the age of the NGX coming back to haunt it, it was made earlier in PMDG's career and thus its coding may not be as simply or easy as it was for the T7 - While i do think there were some problems with steam edition compatibility, steam edition doesn't work /that/ differently than the boxed versions of FSX, so i would think those problems would of already been solved, the weather radar may be posing more of a problem due to new technology being interfaced with older tech - sometimes they just don't like to get along at first. 

If you're trying to activate the 777, install the legacy SimConnect versions found in the FSX folder.

Thanks a lot for the update, Robert!

One question regarding the "DVD solution": I am a DVD customer but I don't want to use the FSX:SE version, just the "normal" FSX version. - Will there be a Service Pack available for the old FSX version (without FSX:SE), or do I have to wait for the alternative solution including FSX:SE even if I don't need SE-compatibility?

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you're trying to activate the 777, install the legacy SimConnect versions found in the FSX folder.

Didn't have a problem with the T7 - been flying it but getting a bit sick of the trans-oceanic flights, i wanna do something alittle more local but because i try to be realistic using the T7 for that would be wasteful so i am waiting as patiently as i can be for the NGX to come out, which is my biggest question, the aircraft loads fine into Steam edition - why not just use the same system patched into the T7 for steam edition compatibility to make the NGX work with it, it seems that its just having a problem with the activation window not popping up when you go to load the game.

That ''almost'' made my day  :smile:

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

What sort of XP news exactly do you expect every 6 days?!?   :huh:

Well, PMDG have been tantalisingly mentioning X-Plane since late 2013, so I assume XP10 users would feel some sort of excitement, to impatience, to annoyance. It feels weird to see so much information about other sims, but nearly none for X-Plane other than 'it's in progress' or 'we're working on it', or 'we're planning to give you some info'. This is what others feel though, not me.

However, I'm just refreshing this thread twice daily, hoping that PMDG starts a dedicated X-Plane project thread with proper dev information and possibly some screenshots, although I understand their rationale behind NOT doing so - it sets too-high expectations too early.  

Didn't have a problem with the T7 - been flying it but getting a bit sick of the trans-oceanic flights, i wanna do something alittle more local but because i try to be realistic using the T7 for that would be wasteful so i am waiting as patiently as i can be for the NGX to come out, which is my biggest question, the aircraft loads fine into Steam edition - why not just use the same system patched into the T7 for steam edition compatibility to make the NGX work with it, it seems that its just having a problem with the activation window not popping up when you go to load the game.

If it was easy as just copy paste from the T7, it would've been released ages ago. Clearly it's not the same. Every time I read your posts it becomes more obvious how little you know about this.

Thanks for the update!  Take a weekend off and spend time with the family or get some beers with friends.