Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27FEB15] Latest News/Release Planning Notes, etc

TYVM!

You are shining some light into an otherwise grim week for me.

Thanks a lot for the update Robert, great news for me that recently purchased P3D Academic version and absolutely love to fly the NGX !!!!!

Sergio Naiberg

I think all of us are running at the fatigue limits now, as we have been at this 12-18hrs a day, every day since 05JAN. The tired is showing in the silly mistakes.

Thus- we are pulling the plug for the rest of tonight and we will push a new build to the testing team on Friday and then await their feedback.

Right now the EARLIEST you should expect this update is Saturday- but to be candid I'm not sure that will happen...

Thanks for your hard work and trying to make at least half of this winter weekend (northern hemisphere) a great FS time! B)

This reminds me of last Friday (20th FEB) when LM published the P3D 2.5.12943.0_Hotfix and quite a lot of people got really angry about e.g. ASN not working for the rest of the weekend anymore.

On the other hand it was interesting to see how fast ASN came out with a further SP2 beta version (B5532C) bringing back the functionality to the PMDG T7 WXR on MON 23rd FEB ...

All in all an exciting FS time and thanks to all parties involved, although many of the inconveniences are "home made" on the developers side and obviously the result of a lack of communication.

But also this is understandable: after years of a buggy but stone carved base FS this active dialog is new and needs to be incorporated into the different workflows.

Otherwise there will only be bleary-eyed developers all around and end customers will ask even more justified questions... B)

Gents-

Just a quick in-thread update to let you know that I am in the process of building what we HOPE will be the release version for FSX/FSX-SE compatibility...

Incidentally- when I am finished I expect to build a release candidate for the P3D version as well.

Early this morning Alex and Michael were able to track down the last two items that were marked as "no-go" items so I think we will have good builds this time around...

I'll let you know how it goes.

PMDG Captains:

Take your time and don't forget to take breaks.

I appreciate very much everything you are doing for us. Words are not enough but I try to express my feelings.

I am not a programmer but I have done some very simple tasks. You are not doing a piece of cake but in my opinion I am sure you love what you do. If not you could not do it so perfectly.

Happy Dreams!

Rafael Rodriguez (finally I remember to sign my name).

It is great to hear that the DC-6 is still on the table.

Thanks

Robert, instead of the weekend, why not take the week off then? That should be more pleasing to your customers!

Robert, instead of the weekend, why not take the week off then? That should be more pleasing to your customers!

Speaking as someone who worked many a weekend back when I worked in the airlines:

...because everyone else and their brother, mother, dog, cat, cousin, sister, son, and former roommate have off on the weekend.

"Oh, sorry guys, can't hang out. I'm working this weekend."

Granted, we're currently working on a Friday night to help get the plane out the door, but a few moments of reflection could've answered that question for you. I have a feeling you didn't mean that offensively, but really...

Kyle Rodgers

Looking forward to this upgrade, and thanks for keeping us up to date.

Work is a four letter word ?

Step aside for a couple of days guys, it's the best problem solving remedy known to man kind, what ever the industry......

Trust me .

I wants it! I wants the PRECIOUS nowwww!!!

No really take your time. Whats another week or 3. The NGX is still awesome.

I wants it! I wants the PRECIOUS nowwww!!!.

See, this is what top quality products do to perfectly sane people. PMDG, you must take responsibility for this :-).

See, this is what top quality products do to perfectly sane people. PMDG, you must take responsibility for this :-).

YESSSSSS THEY MUST GIVES US THE PRECIOUSSSS NOW! MINE! MY OWN! MYYYY PRECIOUS NGX!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Example why PMDG rather not give release dates, which is a very good thing to do! Are you going to get GTA 5? If so, you probably have counted down a several times already, but they will delay it every time. Annoyed already? Better to get it unexpected without release date  :P