Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27FEB15] Latest News/Release Planning Notes, etc

Ok good to hear hopefully it will be released sunday!

Andrew Gomes

no I would say Tuesday.  If they are going to let the testing team "percolate" then that is at least 24hrs, then one day to get the ducks in a row. So Tuesday is my earliest thought. I am not with the PMDG team so this is just speculation, but makes sense from a production manager point of view. When you get this close you don't want to rush and miss something that is glaring but beyond your sight. 

I don't think, that they will hold up the P3D version with relation to the FSX:SE version - or vice versa... 

I do. I have seen lot's of childish like posts and I think if PMDG released the P3D version first we would hear all about it in a negative way!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

PMDG are working hard at this and won't be getting money in this process. So I say they are doing a good job :)

Damn! I had a bad feeling we wouldn't see it this weekend. Oh well, I look forward to next weekend then!!

The amount of people still setting store by anything Rob says (in regards to possible release days) is amusing.

The sooner the NGX gets released for P3D/FSX:SE, the better, for everyone else as well, including X-Planers - devs pulled over from one project can get back to work. Thanks for the update.

The majority of work Saturday, was done with the Operations Center, as the NGX has had a really really hard time playing nicely in FSX and FSX-SE due **entirely** to a majestically screwed up registry methodology adopted by Dovetail for FSX-Steam Edition.  (In fact, whomever engineered it, along with whomever approved it should be beaten savagely, sacked, rehired, beaten a second time and then tossed from the back of a moving train....)

Haha Robert, this made my day. :lol: :lol:

That's what I thought. Something strange with the holy grale of FSX:SE.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Go enjoy your sunday...  I'm going to subject myself to yet another day of abuse at the hands of the beta team

Why did God create beta testers?     <_<

The amount of people still setting store by anything Rob says (in regards to possible release days) is amusing.

Yes it is !

I am not sure a real captain would be so impatient to get his/her plane, if it doesn't perfectly work.  :smile:

Claude

Claude Troncy

Is this "Steam" edition so extraordinary to justify such huge efforts of addon companies to make their products compatible? Did you really note a significant FPS/smoothness improvement?

Yes, without a doubt.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

The options before between FSX and FS9...................Now it's FSX, FS9,  P3d (2 options), X-plane and SE .....all with it's addons .......I hate it 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

The options before between FSX and FS9...................Now it's FSX, FS9, P3d (2 options), X-plane and SE .....all with it's addons .......I hate it

X-Plane is almost as old as FS :)

Really looking forward to this update for the NGX.

What I love about PMDG is that they only release a product when they are 100% happy with it and sadly this isn't understood by some.

Really looking forward to this update for the NGX.

What I love about PMDG is that they only release a product when they are 100% happy with it and sadly this isn't understood by some.

Absolutely.  I've been flying the stock FSX-SE planes for the last few weeks and they 'aint pretty (flight model OR panels!!!).

I'm sure SP1d will be great when it comes.  Thanks for keeping us informed.

DP