Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27FEB15] Latest News/Release Planning Notes, etc

The NGX is the only thing holding me back from switching to SE. I have it ready to go but don't want to leave the NGX behind, would rather have them all from the get go.

Well lets hope they actually get a stable release this week 

would be nice if we could have an update how the latest build 

has gone

Well lets hope they actually get a stable release this week 

would be nice if we could have an update how the latest build 

has gone

Robert addressed the build above: 

Gents-

(Okay- that skips a few of you...sorry...)

We are still letting the testing team run with the latest build, which they finally received around 0600Z Saturday.

Today was spent correcting a few really minor items in the product, which is a good sign... 

The majority of work Saturday, was done with the Operations Center, as the NGX has had a really really hard time playing nicely in FSX and FSX-SE due **entirely** to a majestically screwed up registry methodology adopted by Dovetail for FSX-Steam Edition.  (In fact, whomever engineered it, along with whomever approved it should be beaten savagely, sacked, rehired, beaten a second time and then tossed from the back of a moving train....)

We think that as of around 0500Z/01MAR we are beyond the troubles with the OC- but the whole testing team needs to play with it and see if they can break it or find some other small detail we missed.

We are planning to let the testing team percolate a bit longer- as we have one user experiencing CTD issues that we cannot say for certain are unrelated to the NGX.  (I'm 99.9% certain they are unrelated- but I like to give these sorts of things some time...)

Go enjoy your sunday...  I'm going to subject myself to yet another day of abuse at the hands of the beta team... 

YESSSSSS THEY MUST GIVES US THE PRECIOUSSSS NOW! MINE! MY OWN! MYYYY PRECIOUS NGX!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:LMAO:  :LMAO:  :LMAO:  love it!

Kind regards

IMO the weather engine is awful, the textures you get with Skymaxx or great but several times I've been flying in Xplane in lovely VMC to then have a weather update happen and go straight into hard core IMC. Also had clouds coming out of the ground etc etc.

Yes, very common problems - caused by Skymaxx. That's why I don't use Skymaxx even though I paid good money for it. On the other hand, the problem with X-Plane default clouds is that they are plug ugly and kill your frame rates if the weather is bad.

One day, maybe, the developers of Skymaxx and X-Plane will get together and make something that looks good and works properly. We live in hope.

Alistair Brown

0.png

due **entirely** to a majestically screwed up registry methodology adopted by Dovetail

After being analyzing SE for several days in a raw and noticing more and more "majestically screwed up", my personal opinion is, finally after making some bucks for Dovetail, SE will be dead and we will be enjoying PMDG's on Prepar3d. I know some people want to toss me from the moving train for saying this, but a reality is a reality.

PMDG has spent many hours trying to please SE fans whereas the foundation of the SE building is a botched job.

Rafael Rodriguez

I was getting the distinct impression that FSX:SE was the second coming of the platform and that FSX would be around for another 10 years, that Dovetail had solved all the issues with it etc etc etc. I'm still thinking its the placebo effect and that people have clean installs. Dovetail do not own the code so how can they have enhanced it so much? Sound like they have made things very very difficult for PMDG.

David Thwaites

I am very appreciative of all the work and effort to make it compatible with FSX:SE.  I love the NGX and have had many fond memories flying in it.  I went steam edition as my old disc of FSX was scratched.  For me the FSX:SE has run smoother on my pc then my original disc but mostly I am just happy to be on FSX again.   I am also highly looking forward to my favorite 737 again.

Thank you so much for all the work you have put in to make this possible.  I appreciate it very much.

Marc

After trying Steam for several days, and many flights, I have to agree with Rafael....

I have uninstalled Steam. I see no gain over FSX boxed.

Am now going to Prepar3D, as soon as the 737 is released.

I am thinking for the long term, just don't see Dovetail being a good player for the serious simmer.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

Speaking as someone who worked many a weekend back when I worked in the airlines:

...because everyone else and their brother, mother, dog, cat, cousin, sister, son, and former roommate have off on the weekend.

"Oh, sorry guys, can't hang out. I'm working this weekend."

Granted, we're currently working on a Friday night to help get the plane out the door, but a few moments of reflection could've answered that question for you. I have a feeling you didn't mean that offensively, but really...

Kyle, I meant it very much with tongue planted firmly in cheek - it was very much a joke!  :P

so are we at the point where they may release the fsx/fsx:se AND the P3D version at the same time, or around same time?

Daniel Maris

Kyle, I meant it very much with tongue planted firmly in cheek - it was very much a joke! :P

Fair enough. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm an english student and my teacher taught me the 2nd conditional...(IF IM NOT WRONG) which is used for moments that won't probably happen or just impossible to happen.

I think it's the right moment to use it!!!

IF PMDG RELEASED the NGX SP1D this week, I WOULD be very happy!

PS: Just kidding take all the time you need, I just need to do something while waiting for it :P

Great cant wait for the P3D release as never had the plane for FSX.

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

I'm an english student and my teacher taught me the 2nd conditional...(IF IM NOT WRONG) which is used for moments that won't probably happen or just impossible to happen.

I think it's the right moment to use it!!!

IF PMDG RELEASED the NGX SP1D this week, I WOULD be very happy!

PS: Just kidding take all the time you need, I just need to do something while waiting for it :P

Well done to your teacher, and to you for getting that correct. I know English can be a tough language to learn.

Kyle Rodgers