Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27FEB15] Latest News/Release Planning Notes, etc

I have a feeling Kyle knows what will, and won't be included in SP1d....

I have a feeling Kyle knows what will, and won't be included in SP1d....

Still: Is it wise to contradict Robert Salvatore Randazzo in a public forum?   :P

(I put the 'Salvatore' in because full real names are required in the PMDG fora. :lol:)

(I put the 'Salvatore' in because full real names are required in the PMDG fora. :lol:)

Ah, I thought because you wanted to highlight his Italian origins  ^_^

James Goggi

According to what Mr. Randazzo wrote on Feb. 8, it looks something more than just a very minor update:

"PMDG 737-8900NGX Base Package and PMDG 737-600/700NGX Expansion:

We are **just about** wrapped up with a pretty significant update to the NGX for both FSX and FSX:SE.

This is a free update for all registered users, and it will add a huge amount of fixes, updates, optimizations and new features to the entire NGX product line.  (Weather radar!)"

This could mean it includes a large amount of minor fixes. It doesn't necessarily mean it includes major fixes such as cockpit geometry. 

Anyway, why are we even discussing this? Kyle (A PMDG developer) has told us cockpit geometry is being looked at for SP2 and is NOT in SP1d. He's not lying!

Of course I did not want to discuss the cockpit geometry (of course Kyle does not lie), just wanted to understand in general to what extent this is a 'minor' update, given what RSR wrote.

James Goggi

Maybe SP1d is SP2?!?!? Then no one is lying ;-)

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

According to what Mr. Randazzo wrote on Feb. 8, it looks something more than just a very minor update:

"PMDG 737-8900NGX Base Package and PMDG 737-600/700NGX Expansion:

We are **just about** wrapped up with a pretty significant update to the NGX for both FSX and FSX:SE.

This is a free update for all registered users, and it will add a huge amount of fixes, updates, optimizations and new features to the entire NGX product line.  (Weather radar!)"

So, it will be a minor update, or an huge update like Mr Robert said ?

Now i don't understand, and according to Mr Robert, i think that the cockpit geometry would be updated/fixed (HUGE, means more than minor things)

To be a little more clear:

We have included a slew of minor updates to the aircraft. The TERR function got the 777-style rendering as I pictured in another thread. It got weather radar like the 777 (again, as shown). There are, as RSR mentioned, a number of others.

So, many minor updates. My post was to say there are no major updates. Both are correct: many updates are included, and none of them are significant overhauls of the product. FD geometry and RTF legs are not included in SP1d.

Since I know people will ask, the changelog is usually posted when the update notice is posted. If others would be so kind as to point the changelog group back to this thread each time it's asked, I'd be immensely grateful.

Kyle Rodgers

Since I know people will ask, the changelog is usually posted when the update notice is posted. If others would be so kind as to point the changelog group back to this thread each time it's asked, I'd be immensely grateful.

Oh I think you know you can count on me for that one :P

Whatever it is it will make a great product much more greater ;-)

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Too many FS clients. >.<

I personally only care about the core development of the 744v2 and am dissapointed it's being held up by people who use crappy steam editions, what's the purpose of Steam Edition? is it because gamespy went offline?

Thought anyone who flew advanced virtual jets shouldn't even bother with those hosts. I think priorities need to be shifted to that audience who like to simulate their flights, not just aircraft, realistically, on network like Ivao or Vatsim and that more should be done for compatibility with it i.e. datalink.

Sadly yes, economically wise that isa smaller targert audiance and I bet money lies in those steam babies.

Nikanor Pesterev

Not to veer too far off topic, but FSX:SE is no different than boxed...except for the updates that DTG has made to it within the limits of their contract. Far from being "crappy", I find it performs better than boxed FOR ME, not too mention it makes re-installations childs play. The PMDG 777, A2A aircraft, QW's Avros, and the Q400 work marvelously in it, along with a slew of "advanced" addons. FSX:SE does not equal "dumbing down" things...it is a new avenue, a new lease on life for the "entertainment" version of FSX and will certainly introduce more folks to flight simming. That's a good thing for PMDG and all the other developers; P3D simply isn't the best option for everyone.

I'm looking forward to getting the NGX back into my virtual fleet...it's been in the FSX:SE hangar far too long. The Q400's been getting a workout in the meantime....

Not to veer too far off topic, but FSX:SE is no different than boxed...except for the updates that DTG has made to it within the limits of their contract. Far from being "crappy", I find it performs better than boxed FOR ME, not too mention it makes re-installations childs play. The PMDG 777, A2A aircraft, QW's Avros, and the Q400 work marvelously in it, along with a slew of "advanced" addons. FSX:SE does not equal "dumbing down" things...it is a new avenue, a new lease on life for the "entertainment" version of FSX and will certainly introduce more folks to flight simming. That's a good thing for PMDG and all the other developers; P3D simply isn't the best option for everyone.

I'm looking forward to getting the NGX back into my virtual fleet...it's been in the FSX:SE hangar far too long. The Q400's been getting a workout in the meantime....

May i ask, is this the Majestic Q400?

May i ask, is this the Majestic Q400?

Yep. It's working great and doing all my regional stuff...along with a QW RJ85. :D

BTW, the Q400 is running with the 1.013 patch.

Yep. It's working great and doing all my regional stuff...along with a QW RJ85. :D

Awesome! I wanted that aircraft but i was holding back because there wasn't a single reference or mention of steam edition compatibility

Awesome! I wanted that aircraft but i was holding back because there wasn't a single reference or mention of steam edition compatibility

Yea, it was patched for FSX:SE in early January with 1.012 (Pilot Edition). I've had no issues with it.

For awhile, I was blaming it for some BSODs I was getting, but those turned out to be related to my system's overclock settings and were rectified.

Yea, it was patched for FSX:SE in early January with 1.012 (Pilot Edition). I've had no issues with it.

For awhile, I was blaming it for some BSODs I was getting, but those turned out to be related to my system's overclock settings and were rectified.

If i was to ask, which version of the Dash 8 you got? i suffer from rather bad indecision and looking at the 3 i don't know which one fits a 'casual' sim pilot like myself.