Sign in to follow this  
tatin

INSERTING RWY DIST ON THE FMC

Hi,

Can anyone explain me if there is a way to insert a shortened runway distance on the FMC?

I´m taking off from Paris, and want to take intersection T11 for 26R, takeoff distance from T11: 11860FT. 

That´s what I want to insert on the FMC, for accurrate Vspeeds.

Thanks!

Can anyone explain me if there is a way to insert a shortened runway distance on the FMC?

TAKEOFF page 1/2

Look for RWY/POS on the left side of the page, fourth field down. You'll need to let it know how much the runway is being shortened. If the runway is being shortened by 1000 feet, you would enter /1000.

This is described on FCOMv2 Page 11.40.45.

Kyle Rodgers

TAKEOFF page 1/2

Look for RWY/POS on the left side of the page, fourth field down. You'll need to let it know how much the runway is being shortened. If the runway is being shortened by 1000 feet, you would enter /1000.

Thanks a lot my friend!!

TAKEOFF page 1/2

Hi!

I did what you said, but my Vspeeds dont change!!

V1 remains always at the same speed,and I "shortened" the runway 9500 FT!!

Hi!

I did what you said, but my Vspeeds dont change!!

V1 remains always at the same speed,and I "shortened" the runway 9500 FT!!

This is correct. The FMC calculates "balanced field" v speeds (google it if you're unfamiliar). The shortening is for position updating.

If you want accurate v speeds for the specific runway, you'll need a program like TOPCAT.

Kyle Rodgers

This is correct. The FMC calculates "balanced field" v speeds (google it if you're unfamiliar). The shortening is for position updating.

If you want accurate v speeds for the specific runway, you'll need a program like TOPCAT.

Thanks fo your quick answer!!

I am having issues entering an intersection take off also. The FMC is not accepting a taxiway being entered after the runway, ie 25R/F.

Anyone else having this issue? FCOM seems to say it should be OK.

Cheers,

Shane.

FCOM seems to say it should be OK.

Full names in the PMDG forum please Shane.

I was disappointed you didn't provide the FCOM page for your reference.  The FMC will not accept a runway designation that is not in the navdata files, and I've never seen Navigraph provide this detail in their products. I'm not sure the real does either, hence the desire to see the FCOM reference.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry,

It's in FCOM2, 11.40.40. Highlights are my own notes. I hope my imgur image works.

https://imgur.com/a/wp7bj

Thanks for the reference.  You are correct, the navigation database does not include intersections so you cannot enter 25L/F1 but this is not significant because this field is used for position updating and is inhibited when the FMC is in GPS mode.  The importance still remains in using the correct takeoff distance for V speeds and this is where the TOPCAT or TOPPER products are useful.

Dan Downs KCRP