Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

LNAV disconnects - i give up

This is the only jet i fly ,there's so much to learn on this one there's no sense me getting any thing else right now .Never had a problem when all off a sudden i get Lnav disconnects and bank some what violently to the right and i can't think of why . Thought maybe vatsim -ran it without vatsim ran it without Opus weather . Than i thought maybe it was my precision flight control yoke giving a spike and causing it, so i unplugged it  --. and  still the same and was glad cause it's only a year old  as i updated my old 10 year ol' yoke . It seems to happen a 1/2 hour to an hour in flight, and the 1st time it happened i was on a group flight to Dubai and thought it might be the scenery even though i don't fly over seas and have no scenery  but no i tried it in Canada with the  Orbz scenery and still the same . Any one got any ideas cause i'm lost now  i tried it with the B auto pilot and tried it with CWS and still the same . Now i'm gonna take out the Vpilot completely for vatsim cause at one point it was doing it and kicked in the ERROR  HREsult 0xc000014b and one guy said he heard it had something to do with the Vatsim aircraft textures  so ya i'm out of ideas.

CWS mode will not take the NGX off it's current course. It is designed to have the plane fly similar to an Airbus where it will hold a certain pitch/bank until you make a physical input.

You probably have something spiking a right input. Check FSUIPC and FSX and make sure nothing is connected to ailerons/rudders except for your yoke.

Yes I've   been thinking about that fsuipc thing what your saying also . I know exactly what CWS is and how it works -my kid is an airline captain on the 737 although he says he never uses it . I'm just not sure how to check it .

I fly the 737-800 for a living. Never use CWS and have never seen anyone else use it!

They could remove the CWS buttons and I would never notice.

I had a similar issue all of a sudden on mine before Christmas, although it happened at between 1hr 35 and 1hr 50 into flight.  Like you I tried everything, raised tickets with PMDG and had some online experts look at it.  Same symptom in just decided to veer of course and nothing would let me bring it back on course.

I never got to the bottom of it, I sent Tech support the saved flights and nothing.

In the end I tried install and uninstall of NGX, exactly the same happened again.

In the end I totally reinstalled FSX (drastic I know).  That solved it.  Although I never worked out or even found out what caused it, it happened after an install of Pro ATC, which gives some Co Pilot functionality, not to say thats what caused it, but like you with it being my main jet, I am afraid to try Pro Atc with it incase it was responsible.

Let us know if you find an easier solution than me and good luck with it, I know how you feel. :(

Brian Crawley

Lord love a duck Brain ---uninstall FSX  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: i don't even want to think of it . I just did a cold and dark to go from Calgary to Winnipeg, programmed everything and didnt even get to 35,000 ft and the Lnav kicked out and to the left and over she went and the sim went into critical error and i had to shut it down.I'm telling you,these things don't have flat tires and have oil leaks but they can drive you around the bend in other ways. Ya no one seems to use the CWS but trying it in flight sim sure works neat as long as your yoke is properly calibrated they me  . 

Do you have service based failures on? Maybe there is a failure in there stopping the lnav from working.

Just an idea,

Lnav kicked out and to the left and over she went

That sounds like a weather induced upset, which will happen if the PMDG sim has unrealistic wind shifts or turbulence thrown at it.  You say you tried without weather in first post, confirm that when using FSX Clear All Weather you still have the problem.  Then delete or rename the FSUIPC ini file, not sure but someone has reported FSUIPC causing wx-like problems.  Rest assured, your experience has been encountered by many but usually solved pretty quickly.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well Brian and Dan i  might have it .I cleared the weather, tried it, and sure enough kept kicking out so i flew the whole mission by hand from Calgary to Winnipeg,Every thing was going great and then i seen the yoke kick over - a good spike , so now i know it's got nothing to with the auto pilot .So i landed then i deleted the FSUIPC ini file like you said and flew a run from Calgary to Vancouver with no issues whats so ever . So now i'm gonna do an other run and see how it goes . 

Well Brian and Dan i  might have it .I cleared the weather, tried it, and sure enough kept kicking out so i flew the whole mission by hand from Calgary to Winnipeg,Every thing was going great and then i seen the yoke kick over - a good spike , so now i know it's got nothing to with the auto pilot .So i landed then i deleted the FSUIPC ini file like you said and flew a run from Calgary to Vancouver with no issues whats so ever . So now i'm gonna do an other run and see how it goes . 

I'm using PMDG 777 in P3D and if I go into P3D weather and disable turbulence that issue stops for me and allows me to use the FMC controlled flight.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

They could remove the CWS buttons and I would never notice.

I've used it in mountain wave and for deviating around thunderstorm cells. Not often.

Matt Cee

Isn't there something in FSUIPC to stop controller spikes? Does that work on yoke as well?

Think maybe i spoke too fast , it did it again . I need a break from it for a bit . but Chris if i took out the FSUIPC INI file wouldn't that take care of it ? If any one here reads thid who has a Precision flight control yoke -let me know your sensitivity settings and if you have it set on Simple or Advanced 

Think maybe i spoke too fast , it did it again . I need a break from it for a bit . but Chris if i took out the FSUIPC INI file wouldn't that take care of it ? If any one here reads thid who has a Precision flight control yoke -let me know your sensitivity settings and if you have it set on Simple or Advanced

I believe the options are unchecked as standard. I think they are rudder, elevator and aileron spike removal. Make sure those are checked in FSUIPC then give it a go.