Sign in to follow this  
Allflight57

fs2002.exe error

I just tried to install FS 2002 for the sake of better FPS and the installation went well but then an error came up about a 16 bit MS-DOS application. (see attachment) I have had FS2002 on this computer before with no problem same with 2004 but now 2002 just doesn't work anymore. Anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks,Tyler

Did you install from the install CDs? FS2002's copy protection is such that you must install from the CD's for the FS2002.EXE to be generated. This process unpacks the FS2002.EXE to its "normal" size after first doing some type of validation, although I never figured out what the validation was. It may be possible if you reinstalled that the install program "thinks" FS2002 is still there when it isn't. You have to be sure that all traces of the program, both on your hard drive and in your registry, are gone.John

Yes, I installed it from the CDs and it still wont work... the problem is with the game though and not with my PC, correct? Thanks for the quick reply John.ThanksTyler

Tyler, I did some google searches and many hits can be found. You might want to look at this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324767I've also read, that this could be virus/Spyware related? True or not, have you scanned you're system lately?Good luck

This was posted on another forum:"""""You probably lost your Autoexec.nt file, it happened a lot with the SP2 update. Anyway, it's generally just a matter of copying Autoexec.nt and Config.nt back into the WindowsSystem32 folder from one of the XP backup folders. It was happening a lot with the CH installers because InstallShield used a 16-bit launcher. Have a look at the thread on this link:http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1662I think it will sort things out for you. There are also some viruses that apparently cause the same error, so if that doesn't help try searching Google Groups on the exact phrase "16 bit windows subsystem". You'll get about 3000 hits on it, something in there will likely be what you need.Best regards,- Bob"""""""

Some others responded so hopefully that will fix the issue. I am wondering if the install package isn't unpacking the FS2002.exe properly. I can reproduce your error if I just try to copy the FS2002.exe from the install CD's. -John

OIC ok well i tried that utility to fix that error message and it didn't work so i guess its the CD's or something. Thanks for your replies JohnTyler