Sign in to follow this  
asanal

PILOT'S Fs Global 2010 for FSX/P3D

I want to purchase Pilots mesh software. I read it is a good addition to P3D, but complicate installation and can cause rise  of Airports elevation?

Will you please advise?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Speaking of mesh....can anybody tell what the stock P3D North American mesh resolution is?

I have FSGenesis 38M mesh but the P3D default mesh looks quite good.

FaxCap

Jay,

Thanks for your info.

I purchased and installed. Didnt have any problem.

Installation didn't take more that 10 minutes. I checked the P3D scenery library listing, it wasn't listed . Does it suppose to be listed there? :unsure:

Ahmet Sanal

Jay,

Thanks for your info.

I purchased and installed. Didnt have any problem.

Installation didn't take more that 10 minutes. I checked the P3D scenery library listing, it wasn't listed . Does it suppose to be listed there? :unsure:

Yes...you have the choice to enable/disable all the regions.  It is about 3/4's down the listings, on average. You will see them as a block....

Sesquashtoo,

I opened the Scenery Library list. I didn't see a title listed as Pilot's Mesh or similar, :unsure:

Ahmet Sanal

I'm interested in the Pilots mesh for P3D use, mainly because of the airport flattens.

I the nextmap european meshes by FS Genesis at the moment. Good mountains but I do note a few airport plateaus.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Sesquashtoo,

I opened the Scenery Library list. I didn't see a title listed as Pilot's Mesh or similar, :unsure:

Asanal, check around level 180-190 for a set of entries as FS Global 2010

If your installation went correctly, you WILL have these areas installed, and BTW, only WHAT you chose to install will be present. I installed all the offerings in my setup.  I'd re-install, and do it slowly...reading each step of the way, what the installer is asking you...and then make your response.  When you do get it all set up...a tip, in saving VAS, is to only have checked the area of operation, that you will be flying now, and the NEXT time you anticipate a flight.  Why for the 'next time'?   P3D, and FSX:MS RELOADS the scenery AND A.I. flights EACH time you make any adjustment to the Scenery Library.  That eats your VAS in reserve...and you know the rest of the story regarding that....so...the trick is...to anticipate that you want to fly somewhere in Europe the next time you fire up either P3D.x, or FSX:MS...and then un-check all the other regions, EXCEPT (my example here...) Europe for FS Global 2010, (as the last thing you do before shutting down the simulator session) and then...only custom Pilot FS Global Mesh will load in (and consume its portion of your total VAS) for Europe the next time you fire up P3D.x or FSX:MS(SE).  Think of it, as your choice for a theater of flight.  I do this all the time...and it works very well as a VAS Management Plan.  Just one thing again to remember, you have to ANTICIPATE/PLAN your next flight area...for you do NOT want to go and change anything in the Scenery Library for a current flight session.  That would bring in a reload...and VAS usage beyond the initial start up of the flight sim session.  I hope this helps!

Post Edit:  I just shut down my P3D v2.4 flight out of Parry Sound, but before I did, I went into the Scenery Library and un-checked North America, and checked as on, Oceania. I intend to fly the Hawaiian Islands in the next few minutes, after making a fresh batch of Sunday morning Jamaican High Mountain (IS GOOD!) coffee.  So..that's the M.O. of Ses, from the land of Quash (lol).  Same M.0. for P3D and FSX.  For XPX, I just leave Andras's fabulous mesh kicking and alive, for the whole she-bang, world...

Ses

Ses, HI

I found FS  Global 2010  in FSX Library. All listed. There are no Global 2010 list in P3D v2.5 Library. I made a test flight in FSX, I didn't see any improvement.  I uninstalled and try to reinstall it . now I cannot reinstall again It is  a night mare. I  really don't understand what is going on , I cannot even contact  PILOT e-mail for their  help.

I never understand why developers, do not  provide "Installation for DUMMIES". That is the  end of story and another lost of money for me  anyway.

I gave up.

Thanks for your help.

I just tried one last time. Installation completed. Now P3D has many warning Messages:

"Scenery Cfg.File error. Failed to add Library item [Area 001-130} An entry already exist with path".

I clicked 130 times. Scenery .Cfg file corrupted and needs uninstall P3D and reinstall again. Wow...That is it.

Ahmet Sanal

Ses, HI

I found FS  Global 2010  in FSX Library. All listed. There are no Global 2010 list in P3D v2.5 Library. I made a test flight in FSX, I didn't see any improvement.  I uninstalled and try to reinstall it . now I cannot reinstall again It is  a night mare. I  really don't understand what is going on , I cannot even contact  PILOT e-mail for their  help.

I never understand why developers, do not  provide "Installation for DUMMIES". That is the  end of story and another lost of money for me  anyway.

I gave up.

Thanks for your help.

I just tried one last time. Installation completed. Now P3D has many warning Messages:

"Scenery Cfg.File error. Failed to add Library item [Area 001-130} An entry already exist with path".

I clicked 130 times. Scenery .Cfg file corrupted and needs uninstall P3D and reinstall again. Wow...That is it.

So sorry that you are having this kind of trouble. I have stayed with v2.4, and therefore, only have interaction with that version. If this is something as you point out, by using v2.5, I hope that others that are now onto that version can offer some insight and remedies.  Good luck...in this. If you had it installed right, in v2.4, then it must be an issue with the new v2.5 file structure and the prior not-designed-for-v2.5 Pilot installer, and not anything you are doing incorrectly.  If all the check-marks for the regions; North America, Europe, Oceania, etc..are checked on...(in FSX) then you must have new mesh detail in the sim. I can't speak for FSX:SE, as while I purchased that when it came out..I am still running with FSX:MS at this time.  Go to any of the Caribbean Islands, that have mountains upon them...with the Pilot's Mesh for North America (NA) unchecked...and have a flight at 1,800 feet around the island of your choice. Then...go into the Scenery Lib (FSX), and re-check on N.A....and fly around the same mountains on the island. You absolutely will see a difference in detail. Look for craigs, valleys, crest detail that was not there before...that is where the detail is...as much as some look for the difference in the actual elevation of the mountain ranges. Now do this for Denver, Colorado....the same A/B test...and you will definitely see Pilots Mesh at work. If you do not see ANY difference of appearance,...then I suggest something IS wrong with your setup, and/or, with where the Pilot's Mesh entries lay (their levels...) within your Scenery Lib.  Hope this helps...

UNfortunately , I got the BAD Apple.  Las addition to my journey, Pilot' Mesh corrupted P3D and scenery cfg. Also deleted 129 area files.Also FSX three files. I have to reinstall FSX.too

Thanks again, you tried to help me. :smile:

Ahmet Sanal

UNfortunately , I got the BAD Apple.  Las addition to my journey, Pilot' Mesh corrupted P3D and scenery cfg. Also deleted 129 area files.Also FSX three files. I have to reinstall FSX.too

Thanks again, you tried to help me. :smile:

You are welcome!  Before you re-install everything...just remove/delete your scenery.cfg file (after making a back-up) and see if FSX/P3D will build you a new one...I think it will...and this will sort things out.

In addition to Sesquashtoo's advice, you should also log into your account at Pilot's and download the latest installer. It sounds like your current installer doesn't support P3D. They have a P3D 2.5 friendly installer. If you have the DVD version, you can download the proper installer. If you have the download version, it should have checked for updated installers.

Listen to Sesquashtoo. Reinstalling everything is rarely required. Delete the corrupt scenery.cfg file, restart P3D to create a new one and try the latest installer. Check here:

http://www.fly2pilots.com/cms/

OK..I will try again.

1- I wish I didnt uninstall/reinstall P3D.

2-I will delete FSX scenery.cfg file  and resart FSX.

Ahmet Sanal

OK..I will try again.

1- I wish I didnt uninstall/reinstall P3D.

2-I will delete FSX scenery.cfg file  and resart FSX.

Ahhhh...the joys of flight simulation. It will work out.