Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Baby breath mint prepping out of Vancouver

Inspired by HL James' stunning shots of the Cascade mountain range taking a big BA 380 into Vancouver, I'm prepping for a flight out of there to KLAX....

DTBKy2.jpg

...With a Horizon Q400 waiting at the gate as a long Bus taxis in the background.  :lol:

More shots to follow....I really like this Bus!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Doing the walk around....Horizon taxiing to the runway...Uvsloa.jpg

Tail looks good....

6A2j4c.jpg

Gear is dirty, but checks out ok.

WUVrGn.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve, how have you got your AI configured? I can never get it so that AI don't bother me during takeoff and landing. They invariably get in the way. Very frustrating!

Sweet shots, btw!

Aamir Thacker

Awesome shots, Steve. Are you driving the Aerosoft 'short' bus? ;o)  I miss that plane, and think it's time I installed her into P3dv2.5.

cheers, Craig

ps, looking forward to the rest of this series of pics.

Steve, how have you got your AI configured? I can never get it so that AI don't bother me during takeoff and landing. They invariably get in the way. Very frustrating!

Sweet shots, btw!

Thanks Aamir.  Me and AI have an understanding...when I want to takeoff or land, and they are in the way...and wont move in an acceptable time frame, I fly through them, hehe.

Will start working on getting them to behave later...but now just having fun flying in P3d.

Awesome shots, Steve. Are you driving the Aerosoft 'short' bus? ;o)  I miss that plane, and think it's time I installed her into P3dv2.5.

cheers, Craig

ps, looking forward to the rest of this series of pics.

Thanks Craig.

The Airbus in P3d 2.5 is awesome!  She is by far my favorite to fly in P3d so far.

Speaking of the rest of the series...here is the next set...departure...

I leaned over in the cockpit to pick up a pen I dropped, looked up at the glareshield, and was stunned by this view...

DJHzk2.jpg

So stunned that I forgot to grab screens of the pushback and taxi out :lol: ...here is the departure...snowy one at that...

CCu3Fy.jpg

Mains coming up

HriYJD.jpg

Cascades in the background

Kf6iQn.jpg

Turning towards Seattle

nuv95V.jpg

Next series will be the decent and approach into LAX

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Again, some really nice shots there, Steve. I concur, the environmental lighting in P3D is absolutely breath-taking. It amazes me every time I fire it up. The PNW area really accentuates that lighting even more. 

Cheers, Craig

I fly through them, hehe.

I do the exact same thing :lol:  Nice pics Steve.  I'm glad to see you finally left Dallas :rolleyes:

Chris Sunseri

I do the exact same thing   Nice pics Steve.  I'm glad to see you finally left Dallas

Thanks Chris...yeah AI can be totally goofy sometimes.   Left Dallas in the 777F...made to Memphis ok...will post those pics soon.

Thanks Craig....the environment in P3d is fantastic no doubt! 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Here are a few en-route...

Over the Seattle shipyards

zeIZAh.jpg

There's KSEA below

WElnQw.jpg

Passing Mount Rainier 

W38JCM.jpg

QuTS70.jpg

xFtogg.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Love that series of outstanding shots

HLJAMES

Nice shots.

nebojsa

Beautiful shots Steve - can I ask, are you using a camera utility to move around the aircraft and do your walkaround? .. and if so, which was is it?

thanks,

Beautiful shots Steve - can I ask, are you using a camera utility to move around the aircraft and do your walkaround? .. and if so, which was is it?

thanks,

Hey Craig, funny you should ask about a camera utility...I don't actually use one, but I am passionate about getting cool and unusual angles for my shots, especially when I'm previewing a paint I'm about to release.

Here is a post I did back in June, describing in detail how to setup the default cameras that come with FSX to do your panoramic bidding.  :lol:

The only update I've made since then is changed the xyzrate to be 8 vs 4 (as you read the post, you'll see this is the speed at which the camera pans...by default its a paltry .25 meters per second...I bumped to 8...you can do your walk around pretty quick that way, LOL) 

Read the whole past and you'll be set on how to build (well modify the existing) camera sections in your aircraft.cfg files.

Click the link to head to the post in June....

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444249-from-miami-to-vancouver-in-photos/?p=3008717

Let me know if this info is useful.  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks Steve, that's really useful! ... I would actually rather find a simpler solution for simulating a walkaround, than having yet another utility running in the background alongside P3D.    Thanks again, I'm reading it now!