Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

SLX Startup - always changes aircraft

Hi Maarten, 

I noticed after your recent fix (2409) that whenever I start SLX the aircraft in the last-flown Flights entry changes to the first aircraft in my hanger, no matter if the tab display is on Fuel, Airport, Systems, whatever. For example, if I defined and save a flight with the RealAir Legacy, it is loaded with the A2A C182 when SLX launches. It always changes the saved flight aircraft to the first-in-the-list aircraft i.e, the A2A C182.

If I then select a different flight I am asked about saving changes (i.e., the aircraft changed), but my intent was never to create a change.

When I load the other saved flight, it loads with the saved aircraft as expected - it is only on initial program start that this problem occurs. 

Thanks, Maarten!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi John,

I checked, but I see nothing unusual on my machine. When SLX starts, it loads the flight that was last active when you closed SLX and it selects the aircraft variation of the selected flight properly. Do you get a blue line around the selected flight when you start SLX? The blue line indicates that changes have been made to the flight that have not been saved yet (i.e. the flight is 'dirty').

I suggest you perform a reset first using the reset button on the 'back stage' menu (top left icon on the ribbon) or by running the reset.bat file in the SLX installation folder. After that, rebuild the database (aircraft only). If it still does not work as expected, please send me the log file ([Documents\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.log) by e-mail. My e-mail address is on the front page of the user guide.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten, 

Nope, no blue border. 

I have sent the log file.

Thanks!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi Maarten,

Did you ever resolve this issue?

In the last couple of updates up to and including 6350.3559, when I first start SLX the Flights window correctly shows the last flight, but with a blue border and the Aircraft changed to an Augusta Westland. I have never selected or flown an Augusta Westland (although I do have YVL- Yeovil; home of Westlands selected as a waypoint :-) ). Switching to another flight, without saving, and then reverting to the original flight restores the correct Aircraft.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

A whole lot has changed over the last 2 years and I do not have this issue. Can you please send me a log file again?

thanks, Maarten

Update 2017-5-25: issue is fixed; I need to fix another issue with flight plans not showing the departure and destination airport on startup and then I will release a new version.

Update 2017-5-28: issues should be solved now in the latest release.

Edited by mawibo
Issues fixed

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg