Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

In regards to my deleted posts about NWA flight info

Last week I posted asking for some information on my upcoming NWA flight in June from STL-MKG, looking for the REG#s on the DC9 and SF3 that I would be on. Being a huge aviation fan, like most here, I wanted this info so that I can just do a history on the birds that I will be on.....nothing new for me. I have done this on many occasions, but with TWA and SWA (where I knew and know employees that would give me the data). I don't know any NWA folks so the information is not as easy to come by.I keep the information for my flight photography (just in case that I am not able to catch the tail number at the gate). I have a log of the hundreds of different planes that I have been on in my 32 years. I enjoy watching the travels of these planes, seeing where they go, new liveries that they wear and where their final flights end up.I was shocked at the first response (sorry can't remember who) telling me that there was no need for someone to have that information, unless it was for negative use. I have been around AVSIM a while, mostly live in the screen shot forum, but I must tell you the response that I recveived before my thread was deleted was apaling. Being stereotyped as a terrorist and an Arab really disgusted me to no end. I am in no means trying to start a flame war, just expressing the way that I feel. Because it is statements like that, which make this world so full of hate and blame. Some people need to think before the speak. I know that I am not perfect and I have made my fair share of mistakes..,but being an individual who lost a family member on 9/11, in addition to two friends, my life will never be the same, but just because someone is an aviation nut, and is curious about what the reg#s are on the plane they will be on does not automatically make them guilty of plotting an evil act. So please do not jump to conclusions folks. I am going to step off my soap box now and return to the now. Not upset anymore, just getting something off my chest..

>Being stereotyped as a terrorist and an Arab really disgusted me to no end. I am in no means trying to start a flame war, just expressing the way that I feel. Disgusting.

Guest Ken_Salter

I'm sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, we all have to deal with that type of "person" every once in a while here in the forums and in the real world. Just know that the majority of forum users here are not like that.

I know that Ken...that person is more the exception rather than the rule...

Guest Ken_Salter

If you wish, please email/pm me the user name of the person...

Guest Philip Olson

I think the old saying "think before you act" applies here. Instead of posting such negative comments maybe that person should have looked at the number of posts you have made on this forum and the type of posts. I have done this in the past if I see a questionable post I look at the previous posting info. for that person before I jump to the conclusion that someone is a terrorist. Unfortunately the world today is full of people that are not smart enough to think before they start to accuse or put down people. I just wish people would realize that they do not know eveything so they better take time to make sure their facts are straight or they end up looking like the rear part of a donkey. Just my two cents.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Ken-My post was deleted by the mods...and I do not recall the person's name. I think they get the point though... ;-)

Guest saudi_777

Yo Hank....I know exactly what you mean. Ever since the first few days after 9/11 and until now, I'm seriously disgusted by the comments that I've recieved from some people in the Avsim and Flightsim Network forums about me because I'm a Saudi Muslim. It's really already enough how much lies and untruths have been said about my country.... I'm really getting sick about the general attitude that people are getting about my country. I could go on about how much in reality Islam is against terrorism and the murduring of innocents, but I'll just say that 9/11 was absolutely one of the most sickening and disgusting days of my life. All I'm hoping for is for relations and understanding to get better between Saudi Arabia and the USA, and that people open up their minds more and speak with Arabs and Muslims in order to get a clearer understanding about where Arabs and Muslims stand in terms of fighting terror, and that any Muslim who condones and supports terrorism is directly in contradiction of Islam's strict warnings against terrorism and bloodshed.I DON'T want this thread to turn into a political and/or religious thread, I'm only giving my 2 cents about how sick I am of these hateful and racist remarks on Arabs and Muslims. Their have been two persons in particular in the Flightsim Network forums who would say totally hateful, racist, blind and sickening remarks about Arabs and Muslims: One of them has two usernames- "tailboom" and "PreachIt", A.K.A. Craig Snyder, and the other goes by the username of ChiTownFrankie. Ironically, Craig "tailboom" Snyder, this person who always says hateful and racist remarks about Arabs and Muslims, was a contributing reviewer here at Avsim. Amazing, isn't it?Cheers,

Guest JDH

If they find out who it was, hopefully the mods will delete him.

Asim,And Yet You said this:"I DON'T want this thread to turn into a political and/or religious thread"So maybe you should delete your paragraphs instead of complaining about the treatment of your country, as it is nothing BUT a Political statement. And then you go about making personal attacks.Now is that really trying to heal wounds. Think about it. besides if you want to go there about what you wrote, I'll be happy to. But Not here.Joehttp://aboutpolitics.net/images/bannerav.gif.About Politics.net - FORUMShttp://pub162.ezboard.com/baboutpolitics.Contribute to the Richard Harvey Scholarship Fund.http://www.avsim.com/pages/scholarship.shtml

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.