Sign in to follow this  
charliebravo

Honiley VOR in FSX showing wrong DME!

Hello,

After making a recent flight in to Birmingham UK (EGBB) within FSX I noticed that the Honiley VOR DME (Freq. 113.65) is showing a very odd DME reference when tuned.

The VOR can be tracked with both Nav 1 and Nav 2 but the DME for Honiley VOR shows 127 NM DME when directly over the Nav Aid?

When you try to follow the DME tracking the miles down, they disappear at 116 NM DME when Honiley drops out of range and the actual Nav 1 and Nav 2 Bearing needles drops out at the same time (if both tuned to 113.65).

The VOR/DME Honiley identification Prefix is correct, 'HON'  ( Morse ident is  . . . . /  _ _ _  / _ .

Honiley VOR/DME also shows up in the correct location within the FSX map view which makes this problem very odd.  

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening and can I ask if it can be fixed?

Many Thanks for any help.

Regards

I did a quick flight from Blackpool to Birmingham and tuned Nav1 to 113.65.  I picked up the identifier

at around 97 miles out and it counted down perfectly to zero as I flew over the Honiley VOR.  Do

you have any addon scenery for this area that might be interfering?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you for your reply.

The answer to your question is, quite possibly.

I have just purchased and installed UK2000 Birmingham Xtreme V3 which covers the area just north of the Honiley VOR. Not sure if this would interfere with the default FSX VOR's?

apart from that add-on all other add-on's I have are horizon VFR scenery for England which does not effect the default Nav Aids within FSX, as far as I understand it.

I tried disabling the Birmingham Xtreme V3 Scenery I mentioned above to see if it was this that was effecting the odd DME readings from Honiley VOR that I am receiving within FSX, on testing FSX the problem still persists, so it is not related to this UK2000 Add-on.

Does anyone know how to check the actual xml file buried somewhere within the FSX installation to see what Honiley VOR should be looking like in text form.

Maybe if some one who knows their Honiley VOR is showing the correct operational information, could they paste the xml section of text relating to Honliley VOR (113.65) in to this post and I can try cross checking a good entry with my own entry, to see if there are any errors with my version.

I can't think of any other way of trying to fix this problem.

Many Thanks for ant help with this one.

Regards