Sign in to follow this  
FSXDan

Really need some help renaming my Root FSX Folder...

Hey Everyone!

I just bought a Samsung 850 SSD and am excited to get my FSX transferred over. Now I know a clean install is probably the best way to go, but I also have P3D and a TON of addons/sceneries and it really would be a pain. 

So I have chosen the /J Junction method which should be ok. However for SOME reason I can not rename the root microsoft games folder that ive copied over to the new drive, in the old drive. I am trying to rename it to Microsoft Games_BACKUPHDD. 

I get the error:

"The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.

And I use the unlocker program and get:

Please please if someone could help me. What is using that Fonts folder and those .ttf files! It's in System so i can't just close the process. I need some help. Thank you!!

Daniel Maris

I would say one thing......A re-install is a good opportunity to get rid of bloat. By that I mean things you really don't use.