Sign in to follow this  
Jack C

C441

Early days but graphics are a little crude for payware at this level ( to be fair you can see this in the YouTube videos so you know what you're buying ) and for some reason the FSX GPS isn't coming up.

Seems to fly well.

Now I need to sort out this GPS but documentation is limited.

By editing out the GPS750 from the aircraft.cfg I've managed to get things working

Really? Nuff said

Its a nice plane, hopefully textures will improve over time but its still a nice plane.

Really? Nuff said

I wasn't really planning on entertaining this with a reply, but I felt somewhat compelled. Probably wasting my time, but here goes.

People don't understand the effort that goes into developing an aircraft like the Cessna 441. Seems to me that people in the FS community are more than willing to spend 40-70 USD on an aircraft that looks amazing, but lacks any systems accuracy in any way. We strive to provide you with GA and corporate aircraft that feature fully accurate systems, and still look good. While they are not on par VISUALLY with some of the "legacy" developers, countless satisfied customers have applauded the systems accuracy that goes into our products.

If you want and aircraft that is accurate in terms of systems and visuals, we welcome your business. If you want something that's just nice to look at, we aren't the developer for you.

And for what it's worth, we release multiple product videos before releasing an aircraft. If you feel that the asking price isn't fair, feel free to...not purchase it.

It would be a valuable experience for you to attempt the development of such a project on your own. Once you've finally got it done and it's ready for release, look back at how many hours you spent on it, and how many sleepless nights you spent with a headache trying to get it just right. Then, YOU decide what you think your time and effort are worth in terms of a product price.

With that said, I want to once again thank all of our satisfied and loyal customers that continue to support us as we grow.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

I wasn't really planning on entertaining this with a reply, but I felt somewhat compelled. Probably wasting my time, but here goes.

People don't understand the effort that goes into developing an aircraft like the Cessna 441. Seems to me that people in the FS community are more than willing to spend 40-70 USD on an aircraft that looks amazing, but lacks any systems accuracy in any way. We strive to provide you with GA and corporate aircraft that feature fully accurate systems, and still look good. While they are not on par VISUALLY with some of the "legacy" developers, countless satisfied customers have applauded the systems accuracy that goes into our products.

If you want and aircraft that is accurate in terms of systems and visuals, we welcome your business. If you want something that's just nice to look at, we aren't the developer for you.

And for what it's worth, we release multiple product videos before releasing an aircraft. If you feel that the asking price isn't fair, feel free to...not purchase it.

It would be a valuable experience for you to attempt the development of such a project on your own. Once you've finally got it done and it's ready for release, look back at how many hours you spent on it, and how many sleepless nights you spent with a headache trying to get it just right. Then, YOU decide what you think your time and effort are worth in terms of a product price.

With that said, I want to once again thank all of our satisfied and loyal customers that continue to support us as we grow.

Well stated Joe. 

I believe this hobby is comprised of two types, those who game and those who simulate.  Nuff said.

Best,

Bill in Colorado

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

countless satisfied customers have applauded the systems accuracy that goes into our products.

I join in on the praises and shall stress that your system focus is what sets you apart from the other devs, even the big names at times.

Excellent choice on the C441, my first and surely not last purchase from you folks. Very unique and fun to fly. Seeing that you've picked the MU-2 as the next goal also made me happy.

In regards to the work going into a model and the current limitations on the graphics department, your designer posted an interesting comment on the C441 review.

As single developer your not going to get top notch textures like larger company's with painters that only paint. And yes this is the best Garrett simulation on the market as we had to custom code an entire new system to achieve what we did. Nobody even comes close to this system. And i wish i could just throw some textures in but as a single developer i spend over 8 weeks painting alone. And since i am a small poor company i can't afford 3DS which would create AO effects by the press of a button like the big company's do.

I have to spend tons of hours to shadow these textures. So i basically work twice as hard and you still will never get as good effects created by automation. So for now textures is my weakest point. But i do plan to buy 3DS in the next year as my company is growing.

[...]Anyways for now i will keep working extra hard to make my texture look good as i can without auto AO effects. Thanks for the support!

Guess he/she (don't know from the name) has a point and also provided some transparent feedback. I mentioned the fine attitude of the Flysimware folks already in another thread, but I shall applaud to it again.

Since you've also provided a free model update for the GTN750 users, there's nothing to complain, especially not for the current price. :smile:

Since we are on the pricing. I read complains about a '40 bucks' price tag while the plane is sold at 35.

The more I fly this , the more I like it.

Thanks for the kind words nippa!

On my way from MGGT to MROC. Easy business with that powerful and fast plane. Plenty of reserves for high density altitude scenarios.

Great aircraft! Just wish there was some way to smooth over the sounds on startup- they're very accurate until after start, they all get fed into the center speaker, where you lose the sense of right and left. Back in my commercial pilot days I avoided the garrett airplanes sub-consciously that we used for charters, so maybe this is accurate!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Great aircraft! Just wish there was some way to smooth over the sounds on startup- they're very accurate until after start, they all get fed into the center speaker, where you lose the sense of right and left. Back in my commercial pilot days I avoided the garrett airplanes sub-consciously that we used for charters, so maybe this is accurate!

I've found that many pilots have a love hate relationship with Garretts. I personally love them, and find them to be superior to the PT-6 in just about every way possible. They're smaller, lighter, and give you more power for less fuel. Not to mention the 5400-7000hr TBO depending on how you're running the engines. The TPE-331-511M found on the MU-2B-60 and MU-2B-40 are approved to be run to a 7000hr TBO if the airplane is being operated Part 135.

With that said, I think you guys are REALLY going to like the sound set we have in store for you with the MU-2. Blows the 441 sounds out of the water.

And of course, every single sound was recorded directly off of a real world Marquise, specifically for our project.