Sign in to follow this  
Gavilán

Different groups of controllers

Hi !

I'm begining using LINDA, and have my first question

I have 2 groups of controllers, for 2 main kind of aircrafts:

1) Aircrafts with stick (mainly millitary fighters and helicopters)

For these kind of aircraft I use HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Cougar + SAitek Pedals

2) Aircrafts with Yoke

For these kind of aircraft I use Saitek Proflight Yoke +  Aditional Quadrant + MCP Combo Panel I + Saitek Pedals

The only controller which is always connected are the pedals. Apart from that I'm always switching from one hardware configuration to the other depending on the aircraft I fly

Until now my approach was having on FSUIPC.ini for each configuration

Now that I'm gonna begin using LINDA, my question is if I will be able to switch betbeen both configurations, and what would be the best approach  fot it. Maybe having two LINDA folders for each configurations?

Regards and thank you in advance

Hi Gavilan

Welcome to LINDA. You will find LINDA ideal for your purposes as it is based around each aircraft having its own configuration made up of the various devices you have connected to your system.  You can set up standard buttons on your joysticks and yoke using the FSX Default aircraft which applies across all other aircraft but be customised as required for each aircraft. For example, I have certain buttons on my CH Flightstick set up as zoom in/out and eyepoint reset that apply at all times along with the POV switch set up in FSX.

For each of your other aircraft you would assignment buttons on each of your devices to suits your requirements.  These are saved in each aircraft's config-hid.lua file.  Should you want these to apply across all your Group 1 aircraft, you can copy this file to the configuration folder for Group 1 aircraft.  The same applies to your Group 2 aircraft. When you load each aircraft into FSX and then click FSX Sync in LINDA the configurations will change automatically. There is no need to change anything in FSUIPC or your set up.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew