Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Alt to cold and dark

It seems that the NGX short panel state is older than sp1d it self. Its dated 2012 even though it was re-released with sp1d. The use of that panel state gave me failures. The default panel state is dated 2015. So I took that one, which has engines running, and shut the aircraft down and saved a new panel state which I use as default and with which I haven't had any problems.

What problems did you have?

Other problem i have with FS2Crew and the long panel state is; with long panel state you have the AIR CON running, air start unit and the ground power. When you run the config panel and APU/EXT the FO doesn't turn off the external air con unit?

I think the only way it works out best is cold and dark

Vernon Howells

Done another test;

Panel - long

Fs2crew config panel - APU only

Once again the FO leaves the ground power on, external air start and air con connected right up to the before start procedure?

Why does the FO select 2 fuel pumps on (left centre and left wing) when using the long panel state?

And 1 pump on when using the short...

Vernon Howells

This is what I did   I selected  the default panel   state   than I made  the aircraft  on how I want  it  to start   than I saved this panel state  and than made it  a my default  start up panel state.

You can make your own   long  short  etc  but  don't use  the ones that came with the ngx  until  pmdg have  fixed   the issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks pete for the heads up. But the FO still does things he shouldn't do and also should do when selecting other than cold and dark

Vernon Howells

Fs2crew config panel - APU only

Once again the FO leaves the ground power on, external air start and air con connected right up to the before start procedure?
Why does the FO select 2 fuel pumps on (left centre and left wing) when using the long panel state?

Because you've selected APU.

If you using the Long Panel state you should select EXT for external power.

Bryan that was just another test i was doing.

If we go back, i did use APU/EXT and the FO still performed actions he shouldn't or should do?

Do you have flows at what the FO does when using other than cold and dark?

If you using the Long Panel state you should select EXT for external power.

What problems did you have?

Other problem i have with FS2Crew and the long panel state is; with long panel state you have the AIR CON running, air start unit and the ground power. When you run the config panel and APU/EXT the FO doesn't turn off the external air con unit?

I think the only way it works out best is cold and dark

Vernon Howells

I thought FS2Crew doesn't go well with saved FMC panel states?

The PMDG panel states that come with the NGX  (Cold, Dark, Long) are fine.

It's saved situation files that can be most problematic.

Default aircraft should always be the Trike on the Free Flight screen.

Well like i said its only the cold and dark that works great because the FO turns on ground power switch on the overhead panel stil even though on the long panel state it has it already running?

Vernon Howells