Sign in to follow this  
geholger

FSX-SE/T7: Issue with saved flight?

Maybe someone has encountered the same issue:

I currently start using the latest version of the T7 together FSX-SE (and the ASN beta). Therefore, I started cold&dark in EDDM and did all the preparations for a flight to LEPA. Shortly before lining up on runway 08L, I saved the flight just to be able to start over again practicing my departure skills ;-).

If I try to load the saved flight later again, the T7 comes up with my default panel state (cold & dark) instead the saved one. This also happens with a just started FSX-SE session.

Ok - if I then manually load the saved panel state for this flight and afer the initialization phase, I get lots of warnings and a stabilization error in the display. I also notice that no engines are running any more. However, at the time I saved the flight, the engines were running... Strange.

As a workaround, I started the APU. After the APU was running, I could start the engines and after that I finally could do my takeoff.

Just wondering if someone experienced the same issue. Would a ticket for PMDG be the correct way to proceed?

Thanks for your help,

Holger Schmid

Holger Schmid

Funny you mention this I had the same issue with the NGX where the panel state is not saved when I saved the flight on the ground. I normally save in the air and the automatically saved panel state always loads then, so I didn't think to save the panel state on the ground manually. I'm wondering if the panel state doesn't load automatically on the ground?

Chris,

the panel state was saved correctly and automatically. However, it did not load automatically when I load the flight. Instead, the default Panel state was loaded.

So I'm concerned about two issues:

1. why did the Panel state not load automatically and the default state was loaded instead? 
  2. why the engines were not running after manually loading the panel state that was saved automatically?

Holger Schmid

My first guess is you have a problem with UAC and windows security.  However, I cannot guess what the root problem is.  Each saved flight has a couple of FSX files and a PMDG panel file, you've verified that these are being created and stored and they're not from an earlier trial (check date/time)?

Second guess is that you might be starting with a panel state that has something wrong with it that reveals itself after a save/load... unlikely but I'm brainstorming.  Start a trail with defaults and do a little tailoring then save and quit. Reload after restarting the simulation.  If you can't get past this simple trial then I suggest a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

Chris,

the panel state was saved correctly and automatically. However, it did not load automatically when I load the flight. Instead, the default Panel state was loaded.

I have this problem with the T7 as well. Also using FSX:SE. Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

John.

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

I have this problem with the T7 as well. Also using FSX:SE. Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

John.

Hi, John,

I saw your post in the other forum too.  In both these threads, there is a good deal of information about what the panel state files are supposed to look like, running when installed in a subfolder of Programs, what your FSX startup screen should look like, etc.  Have you read through all of this information and taken a look in the various folders to see if the panel state files are where they should be?  After you restart a flight, can you manually load the panel state w/ the same name as the reloaded flight?  Since you are using FSX:SE, where is it installed and is FSX:MS also on your computer?  What is the version number of the 777 you have?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The problem does only exist, if I'm using the cold & dark panel state as the default one. Using any other panel state as default cures the problem for me.

Maybe this helps.

Holger Schmid

This also happens with a just started FSX-SE session.

Thanks for your help,
Holger Schmid

I have this problem with the T7 as well. Also using FSX:SE.

John.

There's your problem chaps, move over to P3D v3!

The problem does only exist, if I'm using the cold & dark panel state as the default one. Using any other panel state as default cures the problem for me.

Maybe this helps.

Hi, Holger,

Are you using old panel states?  Early versions of the PMDG-supplied C &D panel state are known to be buggy and have been superceded in more recent versions.  Any custom panel state derived from that early C &D state or other early PMDG panel states easily could be corrupt.    Take a look at the default panel states in FSX/PMDG/PMDG 777X/panelstates (folder names approximate - not at FSX computer right now).  See what the creation dates for the files are.

Mike

There's your problem chaps, move over to P3D v3!

I doubt that these problems have to do w/ FSX.  They may have to do w/ where FSX or P3D is installed.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

At the time of writing, I started with a fresh install of FSX-SE and PMDG T7 and were using the default cold & dark panel state that is provided by PMDG. So unfortunatly no old resp. custom panel states.

One other note:

As I do have a parallel install of FSX and FSX-SE: The problem only exists in FSX-SE. FSX does not have this issue.

Holger Schmid

At the time of writing, I started with a fresh install of FSX-SE and PMDG T7 and were using the default cold & dark panel state that is provided by PMDG. So unfortunatly no old resp. custom panel states.

One other note:

As I do have a parallel install of FSX and FSX-SE: The problem only exists in FSX-SE. FSX does not have this issue.

Hi, Holger,

Odd, I thought most problems w/ dual installs and SE were solved w/ the latest update.  And it's unlikely you would have a really old panel state in FSX:SE since the Steam version hasn't been around long enough for them to be left over from an earlier install.

Is it possible that you have Steam/FSX:SE as a subfolder of Programs (x86) or Programs, but FSX:MS is not?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2